The second stop on the first leg of our honeymoon. This is an excellent camp which managed to blend luxury and wilderness.
The tents themselver are very comfortable and allow you to remian very close to the nature - I looked up one night while washing my teeth to see a Ganet staring down at me !
We had the frist lodge - Twingo, which offered an excellent view of the sunrise and was close enough to watch wildlife from the terrace.
Food is good - better than other Serena lodges but not quite the
same standard as the crater lodge for example.
The lodge team are very friendly and prompt. We had no problems with hot water, electricity, mozzies, loud tourists.
Plenty of R&R and they even noted it was our honeymoon without prompting - the bottle of wine went down very well !
A pair a mating lions spent plenty of time around the camp during our trip - amazing to hear lions roaring through the night !
The ranger escourt to the dinner 'tent' suddently became useful.
We visited in June so the migration was in full flow and we have some great pictures of animals having fun in the post rain flowers.
All in all, a great camp, close to the river with all its viewing opportunities - especially the crocs.
The flight into the Grumeti river area was well worth the effort and provide a great start to our Safari.
- Try to get a lodge higher up - the views are better.
- Look out for a Gecko in the room - they kill upto 10 mozzies a minute and are a fine room mate !
- The drinks are a little pricey, so if you can't sink a bottle of wine, ask them to hold onto it for the next day.
- Get up for the dawn - the game viewing is worth it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The ultimate in luxury safari ambiance, this hilltop-tented camp offers all the romance of sleeping under canvas whilst providing all the opulence and amenities of a world-class hotel. The camp also offers the finest in game viewing, a brilliance of birds and driving safaris that is unrivaled in East Africa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Booking.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and Evoline ltd so you can book your Kirawira Serena Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kirawira Camp Western Serengeti Hotel Serengeti National Park