All reviewsfemale staffbucket showermoru kopjescentral serengetibush tvsinging and dancingopen vehicleother guestscommunal dinnerhot watertse tse fliesthe entire staffwonderful experiencethree nightstsetse fliesshare storiesour honeymoon
Reviewed July 11, 2012

Just spent 3 days at Dunia Camp. It was clearly the best among the five Tanzanian camps we experienced during our safari. The food was outstanding, the tents were well equipped, the views were incredible and Richard was an excellent host. I cannot imagine a more luxurious "roughing it" experience!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 11, 2012

The Great Duo - Peter and Richard make this camp’s atmosphere awesome. The view as you are lounging in your perfectly positioned tent is unlike any other. We got to see so much wildlife; I filled two of my memory cards. Dinner was a wholesome treat with a great selection to suit every taste. Conversation around the campfire is highly informative, warm and festive. Not too mention all of the wildlife sounds at night. A definite must visit!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank IlzeW
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We had a wonderful 3 night stay in Dunia Camp in June 2012. As the other reviewers and photos demonstrate it is an amazing place to stay. They have converted to full use of solar power and make an effort to hire people from as close to the camp's location as possible. Peter, the manager gave us an excellent description of the positive role Dunia wants to play in the local community and environment. The staff, service, food and attention to detail were excellent. All the staff instantly remembered that we are vegetarians and we were very well catered to! Popcorn by the campfire looking at the stars was a special time....

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tim_Bright
Reviewed July 8, 2012

I have left this morning Dunia Camp, my trip hasn't end already but I can't wait to write my impression of that amazing place. I take with me the incredible sensation of the night in the Camp: the wildlife noises, the smell of the fields..you really are in the heart of Serengueti. Animals are so close, that you are not allowed to walk alone out of the camp.
Food is delicious, staff is attentive and friendly, if you are looking for experience of a lifetime, this is your place.

Room Tip: Tent 1 is the farest , but also the most quiet of all.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ruth d
Reviewed July 8, 2012

At the end of a exciting 9 days safari-trip, was this the perfect accommodation and location to stay for the last 3 days. With a excellent room / tent, terrific view, delicious food and great hospitality. For our 25 years anniversary we had a separate table, and the hole staff surprise us with a beautiful African song and a delicious cake. Peter, Richard and the rest of the staff are really great. It was an experience of a lifetime. Thank you Peter, Richard and the rest of the staff: Thank you Dunia Camp. Asante Sana.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple