“Breathtaking”

Book In Advance
More Info
$1,575.00*
and up
6-Day Tanzania Camping Safari: Lake Manyara...
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The Serengeti National Park is divided into three main areas. Seronera is the most central and accessible region.
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Wonderful place With so many beatiful animals, at the time we visitied the great migration was there which was magnificent.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,116)
All reviews
in 15 reviews
"endless plains"
in 19 reviews

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Peaceful balloon ride over this beautiful landscape. Few animals in February, because they are further south on the Serengeti, but still a wonderful ride with experienced pilots. this is a classy company with a champagne toast after the ride and a sit down served breakfast under a big tree on the Serengeti with real plates, nakins utnesils etc,( no paper), great food.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

My wife and I decided to visit the Serengeti, the Ngorongoro crater and Tarangire and we spent quite some time asking for quotes from various tour operators. We ended up choosing EastCo because of the price, to be honest, which turned out to be the most competitive at that point in time. After a couple of e-mail exchanges I also realised that Simon, the owner, was very honest about the accommodation and itinerary options and he didn't only say what a tourist would like to hear. (I think that he actually make it sound a bit less luxurious than it actually was) I liked Simon's honest tone, so I decided to go ahead with EastCo and I have no regrets. We spent a wonderful time, Ezekiel our driver was a very nice guy, knowledgeable and punctual, everything worked just fine and we got a very good and correct treatment. We spent the last night of the safari in Naitolia camp, which is very beautiful, we had an excellent dinner and a Masai guard to make sure the hyenas would not disturb us during the night (we heard them quite close to our hut, actually, but the Masai's flashlight reassured us that ...we would not be the only ones eaten:)
I never got to meet Simon in the end (althoutgh this was initially foreseen) but all I can say is that EastCo was well worth the money. Thank you Simon and Ezekiel!

As for the Serengeti...try to start your visit up north, at the border with the Mara River and then work your way southwards, through Seronera. We then went to Ngorongoro and Tarangire, which were just wonderful in September. I would definitely go back!

1  Thank A B
Reviewed April 2, 2013

This is a daylight robbery. You pay for a guide, a professional one and then you end up with a driver who doesn't try to care of you. He was even rude to us. Always late, aggressive.

Please don't believe any positive comment about this company. The owner will always tell you that this is comments from competitors but don't trust him: this is all about money for him. Once you've paid the package (always in advance), it is too late for you!!!

SAVE YOUR MONEY! DON'T GO WITH THEM