“Truly the birthplace of mankind!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Seronera

Seronera
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The Serengeti National Park is divided into three main areas. Seronera is the most central and accessible region.
Cambridge, Massachusetts
72 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 61 helpful votes
“Truly the birthplace of mankind!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2012

The Serengeti (Siringit - in Maasai) was amazing. You really have a cheetah's view of plains upon plains of grasses and kopjes (stone outcroppings), We saw all of the Big 5 - Lions, Cape Buffalo, a Black Rhino spotting, Leopards and Elephants.

We also ran smack into a big thunderstorm - which was fantastic to see from the car. You can see it coming from miles away, but the force, when it came down, was deafening.

We saw lionnesses teaching their cubs to hunt, to eat, and just lounging in the shade of the safari vehicles. At one point, we even saw 2 lionnesses climb up a tree and lounge for their afternoon nap. We took no less than 400+ pictures - but even those don't do the park justice.

It was an amazing National Park and I recommend visiting it, to any and everyone.

• Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Mississauga, Canada
68 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 84 helpful votes
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2012

What a fantastic national park, we saw so many wonderful things in the few days that we spent here. The Serengeti sells itself, not much else needs to be said!

Visited June 2012
Singapore
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 94 helpful votes
“Visit the Serengeti at least once in your life”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2012

Magical, profound, get a sense of place and how small you are when you view the majesty of the "endless grassland" or "siringit".

Truly a place for cats, you will be falling over lions even as you fall for them. Plan, execute and enjoy!

San Diego
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“Amazing wildlife”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2012

Coming from the CEntral Serengeti, we thought we saw as many elephants as it was possible to see, but we were wrong! We saw a real migration of elephants in the Seroner, with so many young ones we stopped counting after 50 youngs, hundreds of elephants crossing the road in front of us, we even witnessed a mating couple! It was amazing and we were very lucky.

Vancouver, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Gosheni Adventures Safari Tour Tanzania - Amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2012

After landing in Arusha, Tanzania with the specific intention of booking a Safari. Since I was traveling solo, I was keen to meet some people I could Safari with. So I Googled "join a safari group" and that's when I found Gosheni Adventures.

Peter Robert, the managing director responded to my email immediately that evening and we arranged a face-to-face meeting for the very next morning. Needless to say, I was very impressed with his responsiveness and for being so accommodating. I was also going on day 3 of missing luggage and Peter was corresponding with a contact of his at the Kilimanjaro airport to keep searching for my bag. Peter made calls on my behalf without me even asking! I was eternally grateful for his assistance and taking such good care of me :) He found my bag and had arranged a taxi to send it to me without further delay. What a relief!

As it turned out, I met a couple at the hotel I was staying at who has also just arrived in Arusha and were looking for a Safari tour as well. So, the three of us met with Peter and designed the perfect trip; one that suited our budget, our timelines and the adventure we wanted to have.

We agreed on a combination Safari of camping and lodging. We also arranged a mountain bike tour at Lake Manyara which included a tour of a local village and banana planation/beer making. At Tangarine National Park we arranged a walk through the park with a local ranger and saw wildebeest, zebras, elephants and warthogs right up front on foot. What an experience!

The camping at Nsyma Capsite was perfect. Peter arranged for his chef Antoine to cook for the 3 days/nights we were there. The meals were creative, inspiring, fresh and tasty! Even my vegetarian meal was specially made for me and was not boring to say the least. I highly recommend a camping Safari because the food is so fresh.

Peter has extensive knowledge of all the national parks and wildlife. We saw the Big 5 within the first 2 days and he ensured we were capturing all the right photos. We saw an epic lion feeding one morning of about 15 lions. Wow! He even brought in a speaker system into the Safari truck so we could jam to our own tunes during the long drives. I think the giraffes enjoyed our music as well :)

What makes Gosheni Adventures a great safari tour company is their dedication to customer satisfaction, their flexibility, their ability to accommodate many needs/desires and their sincere desire to take good care of their clients. I would also like to make note that Peter has multiple connections all over the place. This is key for a successful Safari! He was able to get anything done on a turn of a dime. People like Peter so they do things for him. This in turn will make your organizing a lot simpler and trouble free. This will also allow you to see the best of parks you want to visit.

I highly recommend Gosheni Adventures for your Safari needs. It was one of the most memorable journeys I took here in this amazing country and encourage you to reach out and give them a call as well.

Thanks Peter for everything...best of luck!

Jambo :)