“Adventure in Serengeti”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Serengeti National Park
Serengeti Wild Camp
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Adventure in Serengeti”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Myself and my son had a great time in the camp. It had a great feeling of adventure with the confidence of knowing that you are in safe hands. My son was a little worried but the staff took him off to see the hyenas and show him that they are more scared of us.
We had Elephants and giraffes wandering round the camp and the sound of the animals at night was amazing. The staff ensured that we were confident in knowing we were completely safe at all times and I never doubted that at any point.
Great adventure, lovely staff, very comfortable accommodation and would definitely go back.

Room Tip: I liked being in the middle of the camp and may have felt a little more isolated on the edges of the...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank Julie B

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Coral Gables
Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

This place is amazingly perfect for safari overnight stays. We stayed there for two nights while visiting Serengeti, Lake Manyara, Olduvai Gorge, and Ngorongoro Crater. The location is right inside Serengeti among the wildlife. The tent is equipped with private bathrooms, and while they are tents after all, the toilet, showers, and wash basin were always prepared and ready for use. Hot showers in the evening, and a little more water would have been much better; however, it was more than I had anticipated. My safari driver, Emmanuel, from Zara Tours was a perfect driver and
guide: always punctual, concerned about our needs, and a true expert in finding the wildlife in the various parks. I personally felt very pleased to have him. I had
Conversations with others visiting and they didn't fare as well as we did with Emmanuel in getting to spot and photographs ALL big five including the elusive rhino.
The food at the wildcamp lodge was always up to par with good carbs and very nicely prepared meats. There was also a good availability and variety of liquor. The evenings after dinner were accentuated with fire wood lit and we sat around it listening to the different and exotic sounds coming from close-by wilderness. During the evening one can hear hyenas, and the low grunt of elephants passing by. There are workers securing the place during the evening and even would wake you up and escort you to the jeep as I was escorted early before sunup oneorming to go for my hot air baloon sunrise ride. I would definitely return to this site. It was a terrific experience, both exotic and unforgettable.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank adiscerningtrvlr
Willenhall, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 28, 2013

This was a fantastic experience. Everyone at the camp was so friendly and helpful and determined to make it a holiday to remember. The food was fantastic, they even made my wife a birthday cake, and sang happy birthday, how marvellous, that they could sing this. We would have real trouble in Swahili. The feeling of living there with the animals only a few yards away really bought us back to what a beautiful world God has created for us. Considering this was a first experience of camping it felt like being in a hotel. Springlands and High View we would both highly recommend, clean, good food and a great welcome from all the staff.

Room Tip: Stay on the first floor of High View, quite steep if you are unfit. Also bats fly in the staircases...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Rita W
Taylorsville, Utah
Reviewed August 15, 2013

After climbing Kilimanjaro I went on a 7 day safari with Zara Tanzania Adventures. I can say the Springland and the Highview Hotels more than met my expectations. The food and service were excellent. The Serengeti Wild camp I stayed in was far more luxurious than I expected. The tents were far nicer than any other I could have imagined and the food was as good as the food in the hotels. Being in a camp out in the wilds is a really fun way to see Tanzania's national parks. The animals wandering around the camp at night made it all very fun and there were lots of interesting sounds at night. One night after dinner a curious hyena walked by, looked in the dining area and then ran off before I could get a picture. Ben, my driver and guide is a true wildlife expert and showed me a really good time. The rest of the staff were wonderful and helpful. I highly recommend Zara to anybody going to Tanzania.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Aalborg, Denmark
Reviewed August 12, 2013

The Serengeti Wildcamp is a fantastic experience. Camping between the wild animals in spacius and clean tents with own bathroom and shower is very spcial and we loved it. The food is absolutely excellent and the hospitality of the whole staff is very warm.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Maggie Valley, North Carolina
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Enjoyed camping with hot showers in the same area as the animals. The food was excellent and the hospitality warm! I will always fondly remember or trip to the Serengeti and recorded some fantastic photos of the animals! Recommended!!!!

Room Tip: Have a good guide to show you all of the sights! Great location!!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Germany
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I booked a 7 day safari with Zara Tanzania Adventure and stayed two nights in Serengeti Wildcamp. See my other reviews of this trip for Highview Hotel, Ngorongoro Wildcamp and Ikoma Wildcamp.

Serengeti Wildcamp is situated in the Seronera region in Serengeti nationalpark. It has 20 tents with their own bathroom, (mobile) toilette and shower. Every evening the staff fill up hot water in the 20liter tank so you can have a hot shower – after a long, bumpy and dusty safari the best. There is a large dining tent in the middle of the camp where you also can charge your camera/mobile phone/etc. During the night you hear various sounds of animals and during our last breakfast we saw two hyaenas running past the camp; they must have slept nearby. One morning we saw a cheetah - only 10 minutes drive away from the camp. "Everything is in reach". Tipp: Visit the tourism information center (not far away from the camp) the information is nice presented; you "follow" the migration.
And even if it's hard: don't fall asleep and miss the sunset! ;)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
#50 of 117 in Serengeti National Park
Serengeti Acacia Camps
Serengeti Acacia Camps
#17 of 117 in Serengeti National Park

Been to Serengeti Wild Camp? Share your experiences!