“Very good”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kilimanjaro National Park
Kilimanjaro Mountain Resort
Reviewed January 3, 2014

The bumpy road made a very interesting and fun approach to the hotel. It sure can tax most cars. The resort grounds are beautiful and well maintained, and the staff is very friendly. The food is decent, although I can't claim I'm a gourmet. It was good for me.

There was also occasional entertainment in the garden, seemed intersting but I didn't attend since I was heading out.

About the only problem I had was with the shower being slow draining (a problem in my first room which had a stand-up shower so it was likely to overflow.) I didn't bother calling maintenance since I was heading out. The second room had a tub-type shower and drained better. It was probably just a one time occurance.

Internet cafe is okay for quickly checking your email (small charge). I had an EDGE signal in and our randomly during the day, but I wouldn't count on it.

Bring a flashlight, power failures are common and often. They provide flashlights in the room, but you are better off with something you can trust, and preferably something that has a flood beam rather than focused. If you are going climbing, I suggest you finish packing before daylight is out, since I ended up packing in the morning by the light of a flashlight and headlamp and it was not fun.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank injvstice

Reviewed January 1, 2014

I stayed here before and after climbing Kilimanjaro and while it was very good before the climb, it was even better after. The rooms were of average quality but felt exceptionally good after more than a week in the bush. The complimentary breakfast and dinner were very good considering the part of the world its located in. The best part by far though was the bar area in the center of the hotel, open air with a good selection and a nice breeze, the perfect place to crack some Kilimanjaros and Serengettis and relax from the summit

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Steven K
Reviewed December 21, 2013

I climbed Kilimanjaro in July with Exodus and stayed in this hotel. Due to having problems with flying I arranged to arrive a day earlier and agreed this price with the hotel. The rooms are nice, but the staff from the manager to the bar staff were awful.

I got a taxi from the hotel to the airport and the driver rang to clarify directions. After he did this the hotel manager decided to raise the hotel price by 50USD. I said this was unacceptable and after threatening to speak to Exodus travel she relented. When I got to the hotel she claimed that I had said I would share a room and wanted to put me with a random person. I pointed out I didn't. Their solution was to ask me to go into the village, and print off my emails (naturally they would not check their own systems) I instead argued they should call exodus. Unsurprisingly when they did this it emerged I was correct. Why they couldn't do this before hand I don't know.

Whenever I paid for drinks the waiters neglected to bring me change. Whilst I think its always presumptuous to assume a tip some times the note I paid with was over 5x the amount. As someone else who did the hike with me said they weren't doing this accidentally as when you pointed out that you wanted your change (I don't pay 10 USD for a bottle of coke) they immediately gave it to us.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
5  Thank UnluckyTransfer
Reviewed November 18, 2013

We stayed two days at this resort in September as part of the Kilimanjaro trek. The service, the rooms were excellent. The food was good; we had no complaints about the quality. On our last day we realized that our room door did not lock but forgot to mention it to the front desk. We would stay again at this resort.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Louise G
Reviewed November 12, 2013

I stayed at this hotel prior to and after climbing Kilimanjaro and was amazed by the quality. The rooms are spacious and felt like luxury after camping for 6 nights on Kili (on the second night I had a queen sized bed to myself!) The food wasn't fantastic though, although they did cater for vegetarians.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank emily t
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Stayed at this hotel on 2 separate nights before and after climbing Kilimanjaro. The road to the hotel really could do with being finished sometime soon but the hotel is lovely. The rooms are spacious and clean with baths. They cleaned my walking boots for 3 dollars and did a brilliant job almost like new. Food was ok maybe more choices would have been welcomed. Beds were comfy , has a small pool and gym. Had a good sleep here great stay

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Melanie K
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Let me start by saying the reception staff are great.
But it all goes down hill (ha) from there

cleaners are sullen , bar staff are rude, and the restaurant staff are cold to hostile
Plus the food is so bad.

It is poor quality ingredients, badly cooked and poorly served.

We had better food out of a tent at 4,700m!!!!!

Only if very cheap!!!

Room Tip: all the same