Open today: 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM

More Info
from $1,752.00
More Info
2,257 results
All reviews lemosho route uhuru peak summit night african walking company zara tours assistant guide altitude sickness tro peaks karibu adventure tusker trail his team pole pole peak planet other companies local company tour company high altitude
Selected filters
Reviewed March 13, 2019 via mobile

From the very moment Tanzania Horizon S,Safaris has been super cool! I don’t really know where to start, as my heart is so full of our Kili-experience that I tend to get emotional just by thinking back. I have 3 words to describe my feelings when I reached the peak of Mount Kilimanjaro: thrilling, exhilarating, and emotional.  Tears came to my eyes when my fellow climbers hugged and cried.  It was the moment we all realized that we had done it!  After several grueling days, we had successfully climbed to Uhuru Peak.Truthfully, the climb was very difficult for me.  By day 3 or 4 I wanted to quit, but then I realized that quitting wasn’t an option.  The guides and porters were there to help and encourage you.  If it wasn’t for them, I know I wouldn’t have been successful.  There were a couple of reasons why I felt that I would not be able to reach the top. Our 8 Days Lemosho Route was exceptional.

Tanzania Horizon,I have no doubt in my mind that you are the best. You made absolutely sure that our Kilimanjaro experience was something to be cherished for a lifetime. I will highly recommend you guys to anyone who wish for the same experience!

Date of experience: March 2019
Reviewed March 12, 2019 via mobile

Just had a wonderful time this past week hiking Kilimanjaro with the Absolute Africa team. I chose the 7-day Rongai route to give me plenty of time to acclimatize and also avoid as much rain as possible. It was a beautiful route with wonderful scenery and different landscapes to admire each day. I was a solo traveler and didn’t realize I would have a whole team just for myself. The “dream team” from Absolute Africa was amazing. William my guide was wonderful and knowledgeable about the landscape and surroundings. The food was always great and plentiful thanks to Remi’s excellent cooking. William who helped me around the campsite was always there to take care of my every need. I was treated wonderfully the entire week and it made for an experience I’ll always remember. There were four other porters, god bless, Grayson, good chance, and eli who were all hardworking and friendly too. Samson from Absolute met me in Moshi and went over the whole plan with me, gave me some rental gear and was extremely helpful coordinating. This was a great experience at a good price and I can’t wait to come back and do it again. Thanks to the entire Absolute Africa team! Sante Sana

Date of experience: March 2019
Reviewed March 8, 2019

Great experiences with Mar Tours! I went on the 9-day Northern Circuit Route on Kiliminjaro, and a 7-day wildlife watching safari (Serengeti, Tarangire, and Manyara National Parks and Ngorongoro Crater. Both trips were with Mar Tours. Overall, they were cheaper than a lot of other companies I looked into. But even though they were cheaper, I couldn't have asked for better experiences.

First of all, booking both trips was very easy. I corresponded with a man named Job. He was very accommodating and returned messages promptly. He helped us book hotel rooms before and after the trips, set up free airport shuttles that were always on time, and gave us all the advice we needed for the trips.

Our guides on Kiliminjaro (Bryson and Arnold) were fantastic! They were knowledgeable, friendly, and fun! They were very safety conscious, and gave us plenty of advice to keep us happy and comfortable. The porters (4 per person for a 9-day trip) were friendly and worked extremely hard for us. The meals were good and there was always more food available than we could eat. Provided gear (tents, sleeping bags, etc.) was comfortable and in good shape. I won't go into detail on food, hiking times, gear to bring, etc. because it's all described very accurately on their website. Mar provided exactly what they said they would and more. Overall I'm happy I chose Mar Tours because they gave me an awesome Kilimanjaro experience.

The safari was just as great of an experience. Our guide (Amidels? - not sure how to spell his name exactly) was amazing. He just seemed to know where to go better than other guides. We'd go places in the Serengeti where there wouldn't be many other guided vehicles, but we would see so many lions, cheetahs, elephants (even a few black rhinos!), and every animal I hoped to see. He was very knowledgeable about wildlife and was able to answer my questions well. Our cook (Severine) was amazing, and would cook homemade bread and pizzas, amazing local dishes (like pilau), and yummy fish and beef dishes. Before the trip started, I thought that 7 days might be too long. But we had such a great time I would have signed up for another 7 immediately after if I could have.

Date of experience: January 2019
Reviewed March 8, 2019

My friends and I climbed Kilimanjaro in October. 2018. What a perfect trip. We were recommended by friend to use Mgalaa Expeditions.They are a local tour company based in Arusha and Moshi, Tanzania. We have only wonderful memories. We did not have to worry about any plans. The entire climb was arranged for us. Even our transportation was taken care of. We spent four days after the climb on safari, which was also planned by Mgalaa Expeditions This was an amazing vacation. Nema is the creator and director of Mgalaa Expeditions. Everything that was said would be done, was done. timely, professional, and with kindness. Highly recommended.

Date of experience: October 2018
Reviewed March 8, 2019

My wife and i, booked for Lemosho route 7 days with Golden Ice Expedition. It’s a local company with great experience, Listone was very quick on replying our emails and well informative to all our questions. We were picked up at the Airport on time and meet our Guides at panama hotel for a short briefing. It was a good hotel with beautiful scenery. Our guides were so wonderful. The chief guide chunga, was patient and calm, he managed the whole crew with seamless ease. The other guide Magnus was very informative and patient. They took care of me and my wife and when we got tired they used to help us with our day packs and also encourage us to walk pole pole(swahili for slowly) for successful summit. We are thankfully to Golden Team.We woke to clear skies at midnight on summit day. We enjoyed a beautiful sunrise and a relatively calm day and we made it to the top of Kilimanjaro! Our cook provided us with hot meals 3 times a day throughout the trek we real appreciate, also we had 8 porters who were very funny can’t remember their names all, they were singing for us when arrived at the camp that made us real forget our tiredness of the day, they made our day very short… in fact the whole crew were very friendly until final destination at mweka gate. We highly recommend Golden Ice Expedition to everyone

Date of experience: February 2019