Open today: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM

More Info
from $1,752.00
More Info
1,793 results
All reviews lemosho route uhuru peak summit night african walking company zara tours assistant guide altitude sickness tro peaks karibu adventure tusker trail his team pole pole peak planet other companies local company tour company high altitude
Selected filters
Reviewed March 1, 2019 via mobile

With 4 friends we did the Kilimanjaro and a team of 10 porters , cook, assistant cook, guides through Machame in 4 nights in camping
sleeping 1 night at 3000 meters
sleeping 2 night at 3600meters
sleeping 3 night at 3900 meters
sleeping 4 night at 4880 meters then all up starting by 3 am on the day 5 ( some peoples start around 11h00 pm)
You cannot sleep because of the altitude, your body is swollen and you feel headache
We arrive at the top around 6 am
Because of the altitude you go really slow
Even to turn the head it is difficult
At the top temperature -16• at 5 880 meters
Very clear weather
So so so so so beautiful
The emotion at the very top
Then back to the tentes at 4880 meters again to take a nice breakfast
And we went all down on a special direct quicker way down
We stop for lunch where some of our cook were waiting for us in the middle of the way down
After lunch we give the distribution of the tips to everyone
And all way down
This experience was just magical
Thanks
So much to all the fantastic team
Thanks to Tanganyika safari organisation

Reviewed February 28, 2019

We could not say enough positive things about our experience with Climb Kili. From the professional, experienced and knowledgeable guides, to the inspirational and energetic crew, we were set up for success to summit Mt. Kilimanjaro. We would recommend this company for anyone looking to climb, with special recognition to our lead guide, James. We chose the 7-day Machame route and the facilities/campsites were top-notch, the food was plentiful and delicious and the encouragement was unwavering throughout the week. An extra special treat was the singing, dancing and cheering by the crew throughout various stages of the climb. You cannot go wrong climbing with Climb Kili!

4  Thank Erika T
Reviewed February 27, 2019

This trip was 20-plus years in the making; from when I saw Mt. Kilimanjaro from the Kenyan side from Lake Nakuru. I wondered if people climbed Kilimanjaro, then life and "stuff" pushed it into the mental "closet under the stairs" until the door was sprung by a microsoft home-screen photo! My advice? 1) Do not skimp on tour costs, it is worth it to pay a little more for a safe and well-organised trip. I used Altezza Travel and cannot praise them enough. 2)Avoid the rainy season, things were tricky enough when it rained and we were there in February, 3) Drink water, lots of it, all the time. I averaged 2 litres a day but some drank more than that. It is very helpful in terms of adjusting to the altitude.

Date of experience: February 2019
1  Thank C G
Reviewed February 27, 2019 via mobile

As I sit back and reflect on my Kilimanjaro experience, it is of utmost importance I recognize the TANZANIA HORIZON SAFARIS Team. Beginning with the pre-travel emails providing thorough assistance in preparation and packing, to ELIZABETH and RAHIM meeting us at the Kilimanjaro Airport and continuing with the entire team throughout the journey. It was evident the logistics were expertly handled. The team consists of well trained porters, tent managers, chefs, guides and others whom without exception, were professional, courteous and willing to assist in any way possible to make our trip a success. From the Kilimanjaro Wonders Hotel to the transportation, to the meals on the mountain, everything was superb and first class. It is without hesitation, that I would recommend Tanzania Horizon Safaris to family, friends and anyone else considering the Mount Kilimanjaro journey.

Date of experience: February 2019
Reviewed February 27, 2019

Am a lady 29 years .I am a therapist by profession,I really enjoyed my trekking experience with gypsy tours in Tanzania.I did not have any trekking experience so I thought it could be hard.But it was not hard at that point ,in fact I really enjoyed it.Gypsy tours however took me to the summit of Mt KILIMANJARO(5895m)on January 2019.

I searched a number of websites for about 4 months before my trip date.I found and contacted Gypsy Tours one month before my trip.The manager immediately responded for all my inquiries and provided me with all the suitable information I needed.she was fast and her spirit was awesome. immediately booked with them .My trip as accompanied by experienced guides,porters,cook and the whole team.They cared about me very well and all my bags were carried.Each day health check and additional education on the altitude.there was hot water before and after the hiking everyday made me feel very fresh.All variety of meals for breakfast,lunch an dinner were freshly cooked and prepared.These things are not provided by other agencies i suppose.
All in all this is one of the best experience and achievement in my whole life.I learned a lot of things through this experience.Thanks to their custom made support of 5 days Marangu route.most reasonable price all according to your service.If you are looking for a good company for safari and Mt Kilimanjaro trekking choose this company. Dont overpay for unnecessary things or middleman .stick to Gypsy Tours and Safari then enjoy your tour.
good luck Gypsy..