Open today: 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM

More Info
from $1,752.00
More Info
2,307 results
All reviews lemosho route uhuru peak summit night african walking company zara tours assistant guide altitude sickness tro peaks karibu adventure tusker trail his team pole pole peak planet other companies local company tour company high altitude
Selected filters
Reviewed February 26, 2019 via mobile

We did 7-days on trekking Kilimanjaro with this local company were 3climbers and both we success to summit on the roof of Africa. We did both safaris and hike on the safaris we did not want to miss the famous Ngorongoro crater on the mostly amazing places in Africa, we were lucky enough to see the big five and our guide driver and mountain guide was full of knowledge their taught us many things and they are so funny regarding the animals and behavior. The manager of Serac Adventure was planning our adventure with a lot of unexpected with beautiful services, good job serac adventure will definitely recommend more friends to you

Date of experience: January 2019
Reviewed February 26, 2019

Me and a friend hired Pristine Adventures and Safaris in Moshi Tanzania to organize and assist us with a Safari and hiking Mt Kilimanjaro. Coming from the US with little experience with Tanzania, we relied heavily on Pristine to not only provide us with safe and professional transportation and lodging, but we put our trust in them to help us plan a great trip. In short, we were not disappointed and I would recommend Pristine to anyone hoping to hike Mt Kilimanjaro or schedule a Safaris at many of the locations available depending on the amount of time available in country.

Kim, Edward, Job, Sewley, Diamond, Sylvester, Joel, Lawrent, Richard are just a few of the many folks at Pristine who assisted us. If you decide to go hike Mt Kilimanjaro I would suggest you request Job and Sewley as your guides and also request the Mechame Route. The food and porters were all wonderful and helpful and worked very hard to make our trip both enjoyable and safe.

I highly recommend Pristine Adventures and Safaris. There are many companies to choose from in Moshi but you will be satisfied with Pristine!!

Jim, Charleston, South Carolina

Date of experience: February 2019
Reviewed February 25, 2019

Unforgettable experience climbing Mt Kilimanjaro (7-day Machame route) with Sirikwa Travel! My husband and I both reached the summit, which was only possible thanks to the unwavering determination, endless patience, and pure heart of our guide Omari. Across the seven days hiking, he allowed us to take as many breaks as needed, kept reminding us to not worry about the time (took us longer than other groups to reach the camp), carried my daypack when I was weary, and literally held my hand in the last stretch to the camp each day. He told funny jokes to keep us smiling, taught us the culture and Swahili, took awesome photos of us (even when I was too tired to care), and kept pushing us with daily affirmations and mantras to keep us going.

On summit night, we started earlier than usual at 11pm to give us enough time. In the midst of gusting winds and light hail (bad weather according to Omari), I sat on a rock, ready and willing to go back down. My family and friends would give me props just for attempting to summit. I mean seriously, black people are not known for hiking so my mere attempt gave me enough street cred. Omari sent my husband up with Willy, another porter on our team, that way at least one of us would summit and my husband would not freeze waiting on me to pull it together. As I sat on that rock watching the red, purple, and orange hues of the sky and the sun rise over the rolling clouds, Omari stooped down, looked me dead in my eyes and said “Dru, we will get to the summit. It doesn’t matter how long it takes us. We have been walking since 11. We will get there. You just have to cooperate and put one foot in front of the other”. With tears in my eyes from the winds and due to emotional withdrawal, nose running, trembling hands and shivering feet on the verge of onset frostbite, I stood up and literally put one foot in front of the other, eyes trained on Omari’s feet in front of me, Omari holding my hands, and Remy another porter walking behind me just in case I faltered. An hour after my husband summited and ran into us on his descent, Omari, Remy and I reached the summit!

Oinoth, the owner of Sirikwa Travel, was the extremely professional and courteous throughout all our interactions and the entire process, from my initial inquiry and booking, answering all my questions about rentals and appropriate gear in the interim, through dropping us off at the airport. On the morning of our departure to Machame gate, we didn't receive our head torch rentals. Oinoth and Omari arranged for the head torches, down jackets, and snow pants to be delivered with the re up on supplies on the 4th day of the hike, just in time for summit. We were paired with a brother and sister duo from New Zealand, so our team to support four climbers consisted of 18 staff total, inclusive of guides, chef, and porters. Oinoth met my requirement to have our own guide even if put with a larger group. Since we are not avid hikers, I did not want to try to keep up with the pace of a large group. So each pair of climbers in our team had their own guide. Our chef was amazing, preparing tasty meals, and not just tasty for cooking on a mountain. We had three hearty meals each day, to sustain us for the hike. The porters were so kind and encouraging! Every morning, we’d leave before them and they’d always pass us en route and give us high fives and dabs saying “dada pole pole... hakuna matata” (“sister slowly slowly... don’t worry”). On our last day before the final descent to gate, the team sang us Kilimanjaro celebratory and farewell songs, a bittersweet end to seven days together and a memory that will stay with us as the conclusion to such a momentous life adventure!

My advice: if you want to summit, book with Sirikwa Travel. You are guaranteed to summit! (as long as your health is not in jeopardy) I booked with a local company because I believe they are more motivated to provide a great experience with regard to building their reputation. They are more concerned about you and your experience and not just the dollars and bottom line. And lastly, who’s more qualified to take you up the mountain than the locals who were born and raised in this land with Mama Kili serving as the backdrop to daily life. Guides and porters who grew up hearing stories from the elders, learning the rhythm of the landscape, understanding her inherent intricacies, and therefore undeterred by her mystique. The sons and daughters of Mama Kili, who highlights our insignificance in comparison to her majesty, demands reverence, yet warmly embraces us throughout the journey.

Date of experience: January 2019
1  Thank DhruneanneW
Reviewed February 23, 2019 via mobile

Couldn't praise Naftal any more highly for organising an amazing climb. Is a very energetic and motivating guide that really knows his stuff and helped our group make a successful sumit while having alot of fun singing and dancing along the way.

Date of experience: September 2018
Reviewed February 23, 2019

The Africa Walking Company provided the guides for our climb of Kilimanjaro. Mussa and Tony were fantastic. They paced us correctly, not too fast but not too slow. They had safety as a number one priority and it showed. They were VERY knowledgable not only about Kili and the hike but about Africa geography, politics, history etc. Very interesting to talk with along the trail. They outlined the next days events the night before and went over it again in the morning. They kept us on time with wake up calls and meals served when specified. Very pleased with our guides. Nice young men.

Date of experience: February 2019