Open today: 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM

Ways to Experience Mount Kilimanjaro
from $2,950.00
More Info
3,896 results
All reviews lemosho route uhuru peak summit night african walking company zara tours assistant guide altitude sickness tro peaks karibu adventure tusker trail other companies his team pole pole peak planet local company tour company high altitude
Reviewed July 24, 2018

Let me just start off by saying out of all the places I have been, and tour companies I have dealt with, this is by far the most transparent, hassle-free, complete package company you could deal with.
From start to finish, my brother and I shopped different companies, but found this one as the best priced, least pushy, and most friendly.
My brother and I did 7 Day Mount Kilimanjaro trekking through Lemosho route and Enosa was excellent through-out. We were met as expected at the airport and transferred directly to the hotel (a very nice hotel called Kilimanjaro Wonders Hotel). That evening we had a briefing with our guides Regan and Roger who were extremely informative and put all our minds at rest (as we were a bit nervous about starting the climb the next day).
Our guide, Regan, and asst. guide Roger provided us with nothing but the best service the entire way up the mountain. Regan presented us with our entire crew from the very start of the hike, (I had read prior that sometimes guides will try and add an additional non-existent porter to collect more tip at the end) and made us laugh and enjoy our entire trip. Ronald was an honest man, someone who could be trusted, and you could see the respect that his team had for him the whole way up. Without Roger I wouldn't have made it to the top, and both of them constantly watched us and made sure that safety was the first priority.
Climbing Kilimanjaro was probably the most challenging, but also the most rewarding thing that we had ever done. Our crew was amazing sorting out all the food, water, tents etc. so we could just focus on getting to the top without anything else to worry.
Overall I would definitely recommend climbing Kilimanjaro as an experience and doing it with Enosa Expeditions.
If you are thinking of climbing Kilimanjaro, the best advice I could give would be do some decent training and make sure you get good kit (particularly a very warm sleeping bag and a good day rucksack). I'd also recommend the Lemosho route, as you ascend quite slowly (we hiked over 7 days in total) which gave plenty of time for acclimatisation to the altitude. We suffered from some altitude symptoms early on and had we done one of the shorter routes I don't think we could have acclimatised before summit day.

1  Thank mariahgido
Reviewed July 24, 2018

We had the absolute best experience with Hanta expedition during a 7 day Lemosho Route trek of Kilimanjaro. Our staff were absolutely fantastic, we had so much fun getting to know our guides and porters they truly made the trip fantastic! The company was professional and operated everything well. We had a gear check before we started where they were able to get a few things people had forgotten. The hotel they arranged was very nice and comfortable. All transportation they provided and information was clear and comfortable as well.

Every night after dinner the guides would come and talk to us about the schedule for the next day and they would do health assessments and take our pulse and oxygen levels. They also definitely paid attention to how much you were (or were not) eating and drinking. I'm grateful they did so! Its so important to stay healthy and energized on the mountain, and when something was off the guides would make it a point to be concerned and try to figure out what was going on. I really felt like I was in good hands and that the company and guides cared about our health, not just moving us along to the next camp.

The porters must be the best athletes on Earth, the things they would do everyday carrying our gear and the camp gear were unbelievable. They also would have so much energy when we came into camp at the end of our hikes. On a couple days they cheered and sang for us and we would join in and dance with them. I feel like that level of friendliness and excitement was really encouraging and helped make the experience more fun and in good spirit.

Overall it was an amazing experience, and Hanta expedition made it that much better. I would 100% recommend them for trekking Kilimanjaro.

Reviewed July 24, 2018

My wife and I together with others climbers we had absolute pleasure of working with Serac Adventure for both Mt.Kilimanjaro and safari,we did 6days machame route.I cannot say enough great things about amazing guides,porters and team that work with this local company.We climb kilimanjaro wit others climbers we felt incredibly supported and care for our guides and amazing all team our outstanding porters of this local company.They did everything they could to make our group climb as comfortable,easy and safe as possible.We felt like one big family by the end of our time on the mountain.We recommend this local company to every one plan for hiking mt.kilimanjaro you will enjoyed.

Date of experience: February 2018
Reviewed July 24, 2018

We booked with Jiwe Adventures and did 7 days Lemosho route,we had a greater time all the guides,cook and porters were great.The hiking was not techincal but the attitudes was dificult,the views at the top and even along way,were spectacular and made it all worthwhile.We would definitely recommend this company to anyone

Date of experience: February 2018
Reviewed July 23, 2018 via mobile

Sirikwa African Adventure exceeded all my expectations, from start to finish. I chose them because of all the excellent.reviews they had and the way they responded to my questions over email. Both prior and during my climb, employees went above and beyond the service levels I could of hoped for and made my Tanzania visit a truly exceptional lifetime experience. From DAY 1 at the briefing I decided to put my trust in my guide Mohammed and his team, and I was not disappointed. His advice was welcome at all stages of my climb and his reassurance and encouragement kept me positive when climbing got a bit tougher. He listened to my stories, laughed at my jokes, shared information about Tanzania and chatted with ease. He was amazing at reading how I was feeling and anticipated questions I had or alleviated worries even when I.hadn't raised them. His.team also excelled. Never once did anything appear to be a.problem for them. The chef produced some great food, and a highlight every day for me was a hearty bowl of his delicious soup. He also looked at my likes and dislikes and.changed his menu accordingly. I will never forget telling Mohammed that the Scottish loved potatoes, and the next meal got served.some of the best mash I have eaten in a long time. The waiter and porters also.deserve huge credit for making my climb so comfortable. They were so friendly and honestly could not have done more to make things any better. From carrying the.bags, setting up camp and serving me the.food, things could not have been better. I was even woken from an afternoon nap with one of them digging a trench around my tent because he.was worried the rain was not draining properly! I could keep writing more and more positive things, because honestly there were so many. I will conclude however with a genuine thought that when I.come back to try a different route, I would like to bring my young daughters. When I do I would have no hesitation putting my trust in Sirikwa African Adventure again and will definitely request the possibility of Mohammed and his team being available to.show them the beautiful spirit of the mountain that I feel so privileged to have experienced.