“Kilimanjaro - Amazing Time!!”
Review of Mount Kilimanjaro

Mount Kilimanjaro Short Trek from Arusha
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed November 29, 2017

My friends and I did both the Kilimanjaro climb and the safari with Karibu Adventures, and it was one of the best trips we've ever taken. The guides (McCloud and Vasco) were very knowledgeable, helpful, and attentive to how we were doing as we climbed, and the porters were just as great! As we were planning the communication was very quick and helpful with Frank and Karibu so we got all our questions answered ahead of time.

This was truly an amazing experience from start to finish, and would definitely recommend to other, thanks Karibu!

Zach, Greg, Brendan, Graham

Write a ReviewReviews (3,574)
All reviews
in 55 reviews
"sleeping bag"
in 142 reviews

Reviewed November 27, 2017 via mobile

Sirikwa African Adventure Crew, the treatment they gave us and the humility of the guides, cook, waiter and porters was impressive.

The treatment of the guide Paul and the guide assistant Denis to get to the top was invaluable. They helped us a lot and gave us many tips to make everything perfect.

The pace they took us was perfect for us to acclimatize and we never went in a hurry, quite the contrary. At first it seemed that we were going very slow but on arriving we understood that it was the right rhythm since we arrived very tired and a higher rhythm would have been worse.

If you are going to try to climb the Kilimanjaro Sirikwa African Adventure it is a very good choice.
It has been a real pleasure to go with Sirikwa African Adventure.

Reviewed November 26, 2017 via mobile

We used this company for climbing kilimanjaro and safari in Tanzania and they were absolutely fantastic. Jackson the owner personally picked us up and he was there to meet and greet us at each key time. They took extreme care to ensure our comfort and safety, the guides they used for both climb and safari were outstanding, they were also competitively priced and give us only honest accurate answers.
I would recommend travellers to using them.

Reviewed November 25, 2017

My daughter (18) and I (55) climbed this wonderful mountain and made it to the summit (lemosho route 7 days/6 nights) thanks to the wonderful and knowledgable crew of Karibu Adventure. CEO Frank was responsive and very helpful when our luggage did not arrive on time. Charles who headed our expedition was super friendly, communicative and shared a lot of great stories about Tanzania and Mount Kilimanjaro. The team was well organized. The tents were good quality and the food was excellent given the conditions. We hired a toilet tent and I can recommend everyone considering to go up not to save money on this as facilities on the mountain are VERY basic. The first free night in the hotel prior to the climb we did not like very much so I recommend you to book a slightly better accommodation like Ameg lodge which was are very nice, affordable lodges with a great pool and amazing food to recharge after the climb.

See more reviews
Reviewed November 25, 2017

One of the most rewarding experiences I have been a part of and definitely worth doing for anyone who loves hiking or the outdoors. I read a few travel blogs and decided to hike the Lemosho route and after spending weeks filtering through countless online reviews, I decided to go with Climb Kili and I couldn’t have been more impressed with the service I received from start to finish. Tiffany was prompt when responding to my many enquiries, which made the planning phase incredibly easy. Everything from the required gear to logistics was clearly outlined making it a real stress free process.
What I was more impressed with was our Climb Kili mountain team, who were just an incredible bunch of people. Our group of seven, who were from all corners of the World, was lead by head guide Seraphine and his two assistants Pauli and Gaston, along with a mini army of porters and fan favourite ‘Machapatti’, who was our chef. Words on this forum would not do justice to the significant role a good mountain team contributes to a successful hike. All three guides possessed a wealth of knowledge about the mountain and what was required for a successful summit. In addition to our daily briefing sessions, they took great care to ensure we were drinking enough fluids and eating all the delicious food Machapatti had prepared for us.
Don’t let any of this fool you into a false sense of security. Summit night was by the far the hardest thing I have ever done in my life. We began our 8 day trek on the 16th October down in the rain forest zone at an elevation of approximately 2250m and over the next 6 days we were able to acclimatise as we hiked up through the heath and moorland zone before arriving at Barafu ‘Base’ Camp, which was at 4673m in the artic desert zone. The highlight here had to be the spectacular landscapes specific to each vegetative zone and given the slow pace of the hike, there was ample opportunity to just soak in the amazing surrounds, which only seemed to get better and better. We were lucky in the sense that no one in our group suffered from altitude sickness, however we were extremely unlucky when it came to the weather on summit night. After 6 days of near perfect conditions for hiking, we were met by wild weather on our final ascent, which made the experience all the more challenging. Personally I found the last few hours to be more of a mental challenge than a physical one. Thankfully we all made it to the top and back down in one piece.
Thank you again to everyone involved at ClimbKili for making this trip an experience that I will never forget.

3  Thank Andrew M