Open today: 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM

More Info
from $365.00
More Info
3,703 results
All reviews lemosho route summit night uhuru peak assistant guide african walking company zara tours altitude sickness his team tro peaks pole pole other companies peak planet tusker trail day safari local company every meal amazing experience
Reviewed May 15, 2016

We had a wonderful family experience whilst climbing the Kilimanjaro this year in March with our two young children 13 and 15 years old. We organized the trek with Top Climbers Expedition from Moshi Tanzania. Manase the director is very professional and has access to excellent guides, cooks and porters. Our guide's name was Andrew and Dickson. I have done several treks but never got such proximity with the team that was with us. It was just painful to leave them after our seven days trekking. We used Machame route that is an excellent choice to acclimate to altitude. The guide had all the time good advice for us to dose the effort and also taught us so much about vegetation and nice flowers ... Will stay in our memory for ever: the climb achievement, the beautiful views at the top, the Tanzanian songs shared with the team along the trek. .
I cannot speak more highly of this company and would recommend booking with them if you are thinking of trekking Kilimanjaro.

2  Thank jobjeffy59
Reviewed May 14, 2016 via mobile

Pole, pole and hakuna matata. The two terms that our guides Aloys and Erick (African Love Birds Adventure Ltd.) repeated over and over again with a smile on their face. From day one to the summit. We were with four people, staying the weekend before in Moshi, arranged by the company in a nice, comfortable hostel. At monday (last week of april, low season (tip!)) we started at the Marangu gate for a 5-day trip. Together with a really friendly, hard working but also dancing and singing portersteam (we found out on the mountain). They all take care for us; the food was good, the briefing every night meaningful and short (always ending with hakuna matata), every morning warm water for 'washie-washie', checking if everything is okay, making fun, enjoying nature, take us for acclimatization-walks because we had no rest day for it and so on... everything to achieve our goal: the summit. And all of it worked out, 100% reached Uhuru Peak!

1  Thank Ilse P
Reviewed May 13, 2016

As a group of three students working in Moshi we did a 6 day Marangu hike up Kilimanjaro with Kilimanjaro Guides Expeditions; led by our guides David and Baraka. We had an excellent trip all throughout and would fully recommend the company. Our food was plentiful and tasty, and the hut accommodation was brilliant particularly for a climb in the wet season. Our guides and porters had amazing patience and ensured we were fully briefed, and had everything we needed from beautiful evening trails to aid acclimatisation to hot water bottles at night! The heavy snow during summit night had it’s challenges but our professional guides saw that we encountered no dangerous passages and all made it to Uhuru Peak! Overall - a reasonably priced, beautiful 6 day hike through the four zones, led by professional guides and catered for by amazing porters and cooks.

1  Thank MoshiVolunteersUK
Reviewed May 13, 2016

Three of us climbed with Kilimanjaro Guide Expeditions and had a really fantastic trip! After living in Moshi for several months we looked at many different companies but found this to be the best option in terms of cost and quality. We were able to borrow all the equipment we needed including boots/warm clothes/sleeping bags etc. We did a 6 day trek on the Marangu route, and throughout the trip both of our guides, Baraka and David, were very supportive, patient and good fun! The food was brilliant and plenty of it, and all the porters were very friendly. We all made it to the summit which we couldn't have done without our incredible guides! A great experience which we would all highly recommend!

1  Thank Rebecca J
Reviewed May 12, 2016

I climbed the Machame route in March this year with Popote Africa Adventure. Fantastic company with the greatest guides anyone could ask for. My guides, Shani and imran were awesome guys, super nice and motivated us the entire way to the peak. Always asking us and making sure we were good. Cook was great too, always much more food than I could even eat. Big tent to myself, we had a mess tent to eat in, while other company clients were eating outside in the cold wind. Their unit in the town was great too, Evance the (manager), who even took me out to lunch at a local restaurant the day before the climb. Airport transportation was smooth on arrival, and Evance again took me to the bus ticket office for my ticket to Nairobi. And Sabino the owner was wonderful as well, the reason I chose this company in the first place. He answered all my questions and provided immediate responses even a month out before I paid or reserved anything as I was shopping around companies. I definitely recommend Popote Africa Adventure as the way to go.

1  Thank markalan774