“Popote Africa Adventure….excellent agency to go up Kilimanjaro Mountain.”
Review of Mount Kilimanjaro

2-Day Amboseli National Park Safari
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed May 12, 2016

I climbed the Machame route in March this year with Popote Africa Adventure. Fantastic company with the greatest guides anyone could ask for. My guides, Shani and imran were awesome guys, super nice and motivated us the entire way to the peak. Always asking us and making sure we were good. Cook was great too, always much more food than I could even eat. Big tent to myself, we had a mess tent to eat in, while other company clients were eating outside in the cold wind. Their unit in the town was great too, Evance the (manager), who even took me out to lunch at a local restaurant the day before the climb. Airport transportation was smooth on arrival, and Evance again took me to the bus ticket office for my ticket to Nairobi. And Sabino the owner was wonderful as well, the reason I chose this company in the first place. He answered all my questions and provided immediate responses even a month out before I paid or reserved anything as I was shopping around companies. I definitely recommend Popote Africa Adventure as the way to go.

1  Thank markalan774
Write a ReviewReviews (3,703)
All reviews
in 55 reviews
"amazing experience"
in 117 reviews

Reviewed May 10, 2016

African Love Birds Adventure is the name of the company that brought me and my group to the summit of Kilimanjaro. A great experience that I did not want to miss! An excellent guide with very good staff and a superb cook were the ingredients that it simply made a success. The calm guidance and good advice were a constant encouragement that brought our whole group resolutely to the top!

1  Thank M. B
Reviewed May 2, 2016

After an extensive search for the perfect tour operator I found Youth adventures and safaris ltd. Godfrey (the managing director) really is amazing. He helped deciding which route was the best option for me. I decided to go for the 6 day Machame route. Even after trouble with the money, a crook hacked his email so I unfortunately sent it to the hacker..., he really went out of his way to make this an incredible experience. The team accompanying me was the best. They were always in good spirits and even while I was the only tourist of the group I never felt alone, I think that made the experience even better!

2  Thank vanmens5
Reviewed April 28, 2016

Climbing Kilimanjaro is one of those things you always say you would love to do but never get to do.... It just so happened to come together for us and My life has never been the same... I was terrified and didnt think I could make it ...I did ... to both peaks ... and it taught me alot about myself. It was the beginning of a new chapter in my life that has not stopped even now...

Our guide was named August Ngao... you can find him on linked in... he is an absolutely amazing person and he made sure that we had an awesome and safe time...

1  Thank Themanwith1i
See more reviews
Reviewed April 27, 2016

Wow, what an experience. If you are in Tanzania and have any interest in climbing Kili you should definitely do it!
We had an amazing 6 days (5 nights) trip with kiliexcursions.com which is a company run by a great man called William who lives locally in Moshi.

Kiliexcursions.com:
Amazing value for money, as students this was greatly appreciated.
Amazing food: our cook Alfa was amazing. Always more food than we could eat and we didn't eat the same thing twice. Porridge, toast and eggs for breakfast. Lots of fresh fruit. Unlimited supply of tea/coffee/hot chocolate, whatever you fancy. They also catered brilliantly for the 2 vegetarians in our group.
We also had an amazing guide called Isaya, he has a team of cooks (Alfa) and porters who have worked together for over 3 years. This had such a positive impact on our trip as they clearly enjoyed working with each other with lots of laughter and a great atmosphere.
All kit can be provided by William who has a warehouse in Moshi full of boots, poles, thermal, waterproofs, ponchos, walking poles, sleeping bags, tents etc. All of this is included in the price.

Rongai route:
William recommended we did Rongai route as we went during rainy season and we were very lucky with absolutely no rain during our trip (whilst friends doing Machame route had quite a bit). This was a beautiful route with views of Kili everyday and looking back down the mountain stunning views of Kenya. We also saw Colobus monkeys during our hike.

I can very highly recommend this company, I can not think of a single fault with our trip. A few porters even came up to meet us as we made our descent from Uhuru peak. They really went above and beyond what I expected.

Finally good luck and I hope you have an amazing trip :)

3  Thank jessicazoe2016