Open today: 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM

More Info
from $365.00
More Info
3,734 results
All reviews lemosho route uhuru peak summit night african walking company assistant guide zara tours altitude sickness tro peaks karibu adventure tusker trail other companies pole pole his team peak planet high altitude tour company local company
Reviewed November 20, 2015

After treatment for cancer I wanted to show that I was now strong and more in control of my life!
I was 60 years old, not in great shape after chemo but I worked for a year at training and climbed to the top of the mountain with my husband and son and my great guide Ramson Swai!
It was a thrill of a life time! Ramson kept an eye on each of us, pacing everything to our needs!
I would recommend this company.

3  Thank jeanellis
Reviewed November 18, 2015

Climbing Kilimanjaro was an amazing experience! We were a group of 10 family members. We booked the trip with Climb Kili because we were impressed with their safety precautions, treatment of porters and staff and their success rate. The guides, porters and all of the support crew were wonderful. They were friendly, helpful and encouraging. The hike was amazing. Starting in the rain forest and going through the moorland and other climate zones was fascinating. We were really pleased that we all summited. It was definitely harder for some people in our group and easier for others. Prepare yourself by hiking and be sure you do some high altitude hikes. We also booked a three day safari with Climb Kili and it was fantastic as well.

3  Thank rlsharmon
Reviewed November 17, 2015

Climbing Kilimanjaro was one of the best adventures I had in my life. We decided to take the Lemosho Route and it was a great idea. First 3 days we were practically alone on the route which was an amazing sensation.
The 3rd day we got the point where Lemosho meets Machame Route which is one of the most trafficked on the mountain. The charm of climbing alone disappeared from that point.
The whole experience was unforgettable thanks to the guys from the POPOTE AFRICA ADVENTURES who took good care of us. They were very professional , helpful and we became friends immediately.
If you are looking for a local company with reasonable prices and professional staff POPOTE AFRICA is the one to consider.
The summit night was way more difficult than we have expected. We got the high altitude sickness which made the summit reach even more challenging.
Over all one of the best thing you would do in your life!!!!

4  Thank Marcin G
Reviewed November 17, 2015

So, we succeeded. I never imagined that it can be done, but we succeeded. To tell the truth, this was an experience of a life time and anyone who really likes hiking, breath taking scenery, climate change and wonderful commraderie must hike Kilimanjaro.
We were recommended to use Popote Africa Adventure through friends in Tanzania who had climbed with them before. We chose to do the 7 day Machame route and were really impressed with the support, care and attention we were given from our guides , I personally couldn't have done it without our excellent guides Nixon (chief guide) and Menace ( assistant guide).
Everything on the trip was perfectly organized with very experienced staff and great care, vegetarian food was promised and supplied with quality and variety. Our clothing and equipment were checked prior to leaving and during the climb encouragement was provided frequently. We spent four days after the climb on safari, which was also planned by Popote Africa Adventure. This was an amazing vacation
Popote Africa Adventure also supports a number of community projects and this is an added reason to book with them
If you are considering climbing Mt Kilimanjaro and/or going on safari, you really must book your trip with Popote Africa Adventure for the very best care and comfort.!!!

1  Thank steve a
Reviewed November 16, 2015

Had a great time exploring the shira plateau in a 4.5 hour loop -- beautiful hiking despite the rain.