Open today: 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM

Ways to Experience Mount Kilimanjaro
from $2,950.00
More Info
3,842 results
All reviews machame route uhuru peak summit night african walking company zara tours assistant guide altitude sickness tro peaks karibu adventure every morning tusker trail other companies pole pole his team peak planet took great care local company
Reviewed February 23, 2015

I had an amazing experience with ClimbKili on our 7 day Machame route and 3 day safari trip. One of the main reasons I chose ClimbKili was how involved Tiffany was before the trip. She was very helpful and always responded quickly while we were still in the planning phases. Once we got to Arusha, Caroline made sure we were taken care of and handled any last minute questions we had before the start of the hike. During the climb, we had a great team of guides and porters (Goodluck and crew) that made our trip fun and as comfortable as it could be. There are a lot of tour groups out there and ClimbKili might be in the higher mid-range when it come to costs, but they were completely worth. I would highly recommend them for guiding services.

Date of experience: December 2014
7  Thank CPPatel121
Reviewed February 23, 2015

Among the numerous tour operators that organize Kilimanjaro climbing and safaris in Tanzania, Abakombe Tours stands out in guaranteeing the highest satisfaction for the client within a moderate cost all in all.
The relationship with them tends to be immediately friendly; they take care of you for every need, even bearing the expense; it will be difficult for you to perceive a grasping approach on behalf of them. Their offer is professional and the utmost attention is paid to every detail.
But even more you will be surprised by the fact that the company (still a family-run business indeed) actively supports a humanitarian project consisting in a small orphanage managed by volunteers. If you intend to contribute, they will bring you to a street market (an authentic local market) to buy food and other things that will be given to the children, and than you will visit the orphanage (in the neighbourhood of Arusha) where you will get to know the children, who will thank you for your gifts, sing for you, and play with you. A really touching, totally uncommon event, and a very very appreciable proposal.

Date of experience: February 2015
2  Thank Ulisse V
Reviewed February 22, 2015

Amazing sunrise on summit day, what an experience! We had a great trek, taking the Lemosho route and coming all the way down from the summit 4000m!

Date of experience: February 2015
Reviewed February 21, 2015

Amazing experience with ClimbKili who organized our honeymoon. We did an eight day hike, Safari, and Zanzibar. Everything was perfect and we could not have asked for a better trip. I know there a lot of choices out there for your trip to Kilimanjaro but you will not regret choosing ClimbKili, their team is top notch!!

Date of experience: December 2014
4  Thank NYC817
Reviewed February 21, 2015 via mobile

Actually climbed Mount Kilimanjaro in 2009 but having seen other reviews on Tripadvisor thought I'd share my experience too. Having said that there's not a lot more to add having looked at the other reviews but what I would share is a few succinct tips for those planning climbing the mountain.
1) Do your research carefully on the companies offering the trip. I did it with The Adventure Company, and all in all would recommend them.
2) Look for a less popular route. I did the Rongai route that used to be regularly chosen until a few issues with Kenyan baddies and choice of armed accompaniment additional expense! However think those "issues" now resolved and it is coming back in vogue. The most popular route - Marangu offers more creature comforts in terms of accommodation i.e. huts over canvas but we came down this route and the large numbers of people said it all.
3) Try and take a trip that takes as long as possible, admittedly this will add to your experience of quite horrendous drop toilets, increasingly basic rations and uncomfortable sleeping at night but it will allow you to acclimatise better and allow your body to deal with the altitude. Most companies will err to the minimum as that obviously saves wonga.
4) Do as much walking/getting fit before you go! I underestimated the task ahead and suffered as a consequence. The chap I shared a tent with had been doing regular training weekends in the Brecons and it showed.
5) Make sure you have good travel insurance that includes climbing at altitude and that it will cover helicopter rescue..one of our group descended that way..!
6) Try and get a direct flight as possible, we flew from Heathrow with Ethiopian Airlines via Adis Ababa. A couple of others had flown direct from Amsterdam to Mount Kilimanjaro airport I think with KLM, a very wise move!
7) Ensure you have the best kit. May sound obvious but even my insulated camel back water carrier tube froze on the final ascent.
8) Take additional provisions like protein bars and energy tablets. These will taste like manna from heaven when your thighs feel like someone has bashed them with a sledgehammer after a hard day!
9) Ensure you take extra cash -dollars or sterling. Tipping the porters is supposed to be discretionary but in reality obligatory.

Hope the above helpful - it really is a fantastic rewarding journey and one you certainly won't forget!

4  Thank Nos6