“trek up marangu route kilimanjaro”
Review of Mount Kilimanjaro

Mount Kilimanjaro Short Trek from Arusha
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Briefly my experience in Mt Kilimanjaro is very unique.i had the best of all. I was accompanied by Swiss clients namely Damaris Niggil and David Niggil. During this hike i was able to explore more about Mt Kilimanjaro. It was the month of December and there were many other hikers doing the hike . We took The Marangu route also known as coco cola route. This route is simplest route of all. Amazingly my companions gave me a record, their hike speed was something i have never in the past five years, with their speed they didn't have any altitude effect. I tried to pursue them to slow down but their pace was steady. we made it to the top using the same pace. From their reaction i could tell the hike was amazing, we took amazing pictures along the way,we acclimatized in every camp and also interacted very nicely with other tourists. It was an experience of a life time.

1  Thank dancannjoroge
Write a ReviewReviews (3,485)
All reviews
in 141 reviews
"every meal"
in 54 reviews

Reviewed January 6, 2014

Just completed an 8 day Lemosho climb with Climb Kili. From the first day we contacted them regarding the trip, through the climb, the safari and finally to airport drop off, they were fantastic. Our US contact, Tiffany, was amazingly responsive to every silly question we could pose. Our drivers (Emmanual, Gabriel) and contact (Lillian) in Arusha were always where they said they would be at the time they said they’d be there. Our climb team was fabulous – Saidi, Joseph, Chichi and G-dlove all worked together to provide us the best experience on the mountain, and in my case, personally made sure that I reached the summit, and never entertained the doubts that were growing in my head from day 3. They made us work hard, but with purpose and our whole group of 8 successfully made it to Uhuru Peak in good health. We were treated like a family the whole way, and we always felt like our well being and comfort were Climb Kili’s highest priority. Our four day safari with John was amazing – his experience and knowledge of the Serengeti, Ngorongoro Crater and Tarangire National Park, and his ability to find even the smallest animals made the trip magical. I will treasure this experience always – and luckily, with John’s expert maneuvering, I’ve got great photos to go with my memories. All accommodations throughout the trip were good too, including camping on the climb – our chef created some pretty amazing meals along the way. (I was pretty impressed when I realized one of the porters was carrying around a crate of fresh eggs from camp to camp, would have assumed we’d be getting the powdered version!) I cannot recommend Climb Kili enough – I am just so glad that we chose them.

8  Thank Jo Ann M
Reviewed January 5, 2014

My boyfriend and I couldn't have been happier with our tour company choice and our entire team that supported us up Kilimanjaroi.. From the beg. to the end, they were incredibly professional and responsive to all our needs. Our guide, Whitie was incredible and one of the most impressive people we have met in all our travels. He instilled confidence in us and also cheered and celebrated us every day.

The team was very professional as well. They were all in good spirits every day and kept us in good spirits, too. The food was incredible every day. It was fresh, tasty & had enough calories to sustain us through the long hiking days. The price was also the best we found through all our research.

The only watch it out is that the gear isn't in the absolute best condition. But, it didn't take way anything from our entire experience and we would go back and do it all over again with Ahsante.

We also did a 2 day safari with them which was also incredible!

Reviewed January 5, 2014

I'll start by saying Tro Peaks are an amazing local company.
I looked around for a while to find a good local company in Moshi. I read a review on here about Tro Peaks so I got in contact with them and they quickly replied. The seemed like a good company with a competitive price. So I chose them, paid my deposit online then just waited till it was time to fly to Tanzania.
Went I arrived at JRO airport my guide, Valence, and a driver were waiting. They were very welcoming, which was good as I was travelling alone, they took my to my hotel and Valence looked trough my kit and talked through the trip. Thomas came by later on and went over additional details, I also paid the rest of the cost. He brought and extra fleece and air of warm trousers free of charge because he thought I might need them. Thomas, Valence and the cook picked my up in the morning and we drove to Machame gate where they sorted out porters (4 porters total, who looked well looked after). The food was amazing. 3 huge meals every day. Valence was a great guide, he had been a guide since 1999 and knew his stuff and spoke good English. He was provided with a first-aid kit for emergencies by the company. So I made it to the summit a day early so Thomas offered to pay and put me in a hotel room rather than stay on the mountain for an extra day which was really nice. Thomas picked us all up at Mweka gate and took me back to the hotel. He came by the next day and we talked about the trip and stuff. He also arranged for a driver to take me back to the airport.

Overall: Tro peaks are a well organised company who really made the whole experience super easy for me. The had a very good price. They provided an excellent guide and crew who were all well looked after.
If you are thinking of climbing Kilimanjaro, definitely check them out.

3  Thank Jamie497