“Trip of a Lifetime with the most Incredible Team Guiding us up the Mountain”
Review of Mount Kilimanjaro

Mount Kilimanjaro Short Trek from Arusha
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed October 11, 2013

There are not enough nice words to adequately describe how wonderful the team of people that guided us up the mountain are. As an intro to my review, I think it is important to give a little background about myself.I am extremely girly.I love skirts and heels and getting my hair done.I love staying at beautiful resorts and the idea of sleeping in a tent for 6 nights stressed me out from the time we booked the trip until the first day of the hike.I was talked into doing the hike by my husband and brother-in-law.

It was truly a remarkable trip that I will forever remember fondly and our wonderful team of people from TAWC made camping as comfortable and luxurious as camping can be. Mussa and Robert (our guide and assistant guide) were extremely knowledgeable, friendly, organized and fun. They took care of our every need and want. They provided us with encouragement and support throughout the hiking adventure. We couldn't have made it to the summit without their care and support.

Every meal on the hike was delicious. We looked forward to each one of our meals, especially the hot soups that felt so good going down when it was cold. Our chef was incredible and we were extremely grateful for all of the delicious meals he prepared for us. We were even given hot soup most days for lunch.

We rented the sleeping bag and the jacket for summit day. Both kept us nice and toasty. We had also bought a nice fleece liner for the sleeping bag, which helped keep us toasty at night. We liked all of the gear TAWC supplied us with.

Our wonderful team of people from TAWC always picked a campsite that was a little further away from most of the other campers, which I truly appreciated. It helped keep the noise level down at night. The campsite was always set up for us upon our arrival at camp and there was always lots of hot tea and plenty of water. We even had snack and tea time upon arriving at camp. In the mornings, we were woken with a delivery of hot tea to our tents.

I took notes throuhgout the hike and put the day by day account into the blog that it can be accessed at: http://lenoreparr.blogspot.com/2013/09/7-day-hike-to-summit-of-mt-kilimanjaro.html. It is a very detailed account of each day of the hike from a female's perspective. It includes when we arrived at camp each day, a description of the meals we were fed, what I wore, the wash-wash routine, the bathroom tent, and everything about the experience I thought of to write down.

All in all, the entire hike was incredible. It was difficult and challenging but I will forever think fondly of the trip. The views from the summit were unbelievable. The part I miss the most about the trip was our wonderful team of people, guided by Mussa and Robert, who helped us reach our goal. The entire team will forever stay in our hearts.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,315)
All reviews
in 55 reviews
"karibu adventures"
in 34 reviews

Reviewed October 10, 2013

The local people are very friendly and like to offer help and information whenever necessary.
All the local motels offer up to standard services. Mountain climbing becomes a joy thanks to the people and the well experienced guides. You wont regret if you give it a try.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

Our trip here was spur of the moment and not part of our original travel itinerary. But we are definitely glad we got to see this! We only hiked up about 2 hours on the mountain, but got to see some pretty incredible plants and mushrooms and flowers. You definitely need a week there to be able to climb the mountain to the summit. It's on my list to go back and make it to the top / ice cap.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

This summer I had the opportunity to travel to Tanzania as a Michigan teacher. While there we did numerous amazing things, all of which was organized and done by Trek2Kili! Its owner, Azizi is one of the hardest-working, kind, knowledgable men I've ever known! He was completely attentive to our every need, making sure each and every portion of our experience was second to none! Through his company you can travel on safari with the most amazing drivers in Tanzania, as well as climb Mount Kilimanjaro with the best crew on the mountain! These men and women are experienced climbers who have literally climbed this mountain (and Mt. Meru) tens, if not hundreds of times! They are amazing at what they do! They do everything they possible can do ensure your safety, your comfort, and your success! I encourage you to please consider making this trip (...don't just dream it! DO IT! It IS truly possible!!!) and doing it with none other than Trek2Kili!!!

See more reviews
Reviewed October 8, 2013

I've just got back from a fabulous trek and wanted to share the information of a local guide called Paul Uroni. We heard about his through word-of-mouth and with 15 years of experience as a guide, he went above and beyond for us. We were a group of three girls and he arranged the following for us: He travelled on the 10 hour bus down from Killi to Dar Es Salam to meet us at 2am at the airport and then ensure that we got on the right bus back; he sorted out our luggage which was delayed in transit and got it flown from Dar to Killi when it arrived; he arranged the full 6 day trek including all food and equipment; he also arranged one night in Killi before we left (at a nice hotel with hot water) and then two nights after then a three day/2 night safari to the Ngoragor crater.

He did all of this for a price far, far less than any of the UK or Tanzanian tour operators were offering just for the climb.

Not only was he a brilliant guide, he also became a friend. He also helped to open a free school in Moshi and a percentage of his profits go to the school; as three teachers he took us to see the school on his day off and we were really impressed.

I couldn't recommend him more highly. His email address is: bushmenmountrekking at gmail.com or you can find the Bushmen Adventure Trail page on Facebook.

7  Thank 417amyt