“Summit @ Uhuru Peak is worth it!”
Review of Mount Kilimanjaro

Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
New York City, New York
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Summit @ Uhuru Peak is worth it!”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

For people who like hiking and spending days on end outdoors, Mt. Kilimanjaro is a must do! African Walking Company (booking through Peak Planet in the US) is a great way to go. Terrific guides, phenomenal crew, and super helpful booking agents.

Highly recommend the Rongai Route itinerary. Then top it off with a safari or beach stop in Zanzibar.

Visited January 2013

14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Adventure”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

We used Zara tours, Milton and Dickson was our head guides. So happy we got their team! 10 out of 10 reached the summit! What a trip! We did the Rongai Route, and I'l love to do it again!
For the rest of our Tanzania adventure, we used Paka Adventures, pakaadventures.com

Visited September 2012
Bracknell
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Trekking and climbing Mount Kilimanjaro”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

I have twice climbed Mount Kilimanjaro with both friends and family. Our guide on both trips was William Augustino assisted by his 25 porters. They were all friendly and supportive. If we were tiring they would carry our packs. At the end of each day they would put up our tents and while we washed they would cook our evening meal. After a night's rest they would make our breakfast and pack away our tents. The food was nourishing, tasty and hygienically prepared. Contrary to our expectations there were no incidences of stomach upset.

I can highly recommend William Augustino and his tour company. Contact him on :-

williamaugustino2001@yahoo.com

Visited May 2012
2 Thank BracknellTrevor
Toronto, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Amazing!”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I cant say enough about how amazing Climb Kili was. We found out about Climb Kili through Trip Advisor and after checking out a few other tour companies, decided to use them based on the great reviews. They did not disappoint. First of all, dealing with Tiffany was a joy. She was always very quick to respond to any questions and very helpful. When we arrived in Tanzania, our every need was taken care of by the amazing crew at Climb Kili. Our contact there (Lilian) was very helpful and made sure that we always had someone we could turn to when we had any issues. The climb itself is gruelling but our guides did a great job of getting us through with 4 of 4 people making it to the top. On a side note, I'd highly recommend the Lemosho route as it had the best chance for success. Good Love and Good Luck (our guides) were amazing and very encouraging. We also went on a 3 day safari through climb kili was well worth the money. The guide (Jeff) was very knowledgeable and friendly.

The only negative I'd have to say (and this is very minor) would be the hotel we stayed at in Arusha wasnt the best. The Hotel Impala has terrible reviews on Trip Advisor. But it was inexpensive and the staff were helpful. The rooms were bare bones and the bathtubs int he 3 different rooms we stayed in all leaked a fair amount. This isn't exactly the fault of Climb Kili, but they should probably consider aligning themselves with a hotel that doesn't allow hookers to hang out nightly at the hotel bar.

Finally,the cost, although more expensive than most, is justified. As someone who has travelled to a few developing nations, I had an idea what to expect. But it was nice to feel safe the whole time with local drivers and guides. The fact that they are American based meant they had a level of service I'm sure other companies would strive for. I would highly recommend Climb Kili.

Visited March 2013
8 Thank PCiappara
Toronto
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Trekking Kilimanjaro (hiking Meru and safariing Serengeti) with ClimbKili”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I spent about two weeks in mid-March with ClimbKili as my guides for a 4-day hike up Mount Meru, a 8-day hike up Mount Kilimanjaro and a 3-day safari in the Serengeti and Ngorongoro Crater. They were fantastic and would highly recommend going with them for any (or all) of these adventures.

The guides that accompanied us on these trips were great and very knowledgeable. My group and I (6 of us) had Goodluck (Mr. 100%) and Goodlove as guides on both treks. As Goodluck's nickname suggests, all six people in our group made it up Kili (that could have been as much about the 8-day Lemosho route- which is highly recommended to help acclimatize, as his expert advice). Both for me on Meru and for my girlfriend on Kilimanjaro, Goodluck carried our backpacks on the summit days. He was clearly very knowledgeable about the mountains, and we felt safe and confident with him as a guide. Goodlove was a very personable, always smiling, friendly and outgoing guide. His presence was very welcome. The rest of the crew were great as well, and it seemed to me that the porters were well taken of and had appropriate clothing and shoes. The food was excellent. And we never went hungry.

We also did a safari with ClimbKili, which was also fantastic. Our guide Jephter was warm, friendly and knowledgeable. It is clear that he is respected among his peers in the safari and it showed. His insight and deep knowledge of the park and the animals inhabiting it was impressive. We stayed in a couple of great Lodges were welcome after climbing 12 of the previous 13 nights.

A side note about hiking in March as there wasn't too much info on the web about this. While mid-March is the shoulder season between warm and wet weather, I had some reservations about going on this time. In the end, the weather was very cooperative. While we did have rain, it either came at night when we were camping or as mild drizzle that cooled as down. In the end, I certainly did not regret going at this time of year.

Visited March 2013