“OK for transit , there're 2 Sleep Inn”
Review of Sleep Inn Hotel

Sleep Inn Hotel
Ranked #66 of 95 Hotels in Dar es Salaam
Bangkok
“OK for transit , there're 2 Sleep Inn”
Reviewed July 11, 2012

We stayed here one night as we missed our flight back to home. There is another Sleep Inn hotel on Jamhuri road which we stayed there when we arrived Dar es Salaam. The room rate at Sleep Inn hotel on Jamhuri road is 15USD higher than here and the room quality is much better than here. The location of Sleep in hotel on Jamhuri road also has a better location than here to find a food or even convenience shop.
However, both has a good services and good friendliness, worth for price. If I went to Dar again, I will chose the Sleep Inn hotel on Jamhuri road even the room rate here is cheaper due to location.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Pangjee

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed April 12, 2012

When my colleague and myself checked in we were given relatively small rooms which were slightly cramped without suitable work table. However, the next day we were shifted to larger, more airier rooms all for the same price with the minimum of fuss or hassle. The hotel is located in the city centre area where there are a quite a few "restaraunts" which operate only at night - the roadside BBQ joints which are frequented by Tanzanians and tourists alike wanting to sample the BBQ styled food. Sleep Inn provides guests with a buffet breakfast which is reasonable to get by till lunch. Wireless internet is available in the rooms at TSH 6,000 per 24 hours whilst laundry service is also provided at a fee. Overall, I found Sleep Inn very comfortable and clean with the rooms cleaned and arranged daily including Sundays. The rooms have AC and also ceiling fans which come in useful if you do not want the AC. Only breakfast was served in the hotel whilst lunch and dinner had to be obtained from outside. My review is of Sleep Inn that is located on Jamhuri Street.

Room Tip: Request for rooms with a balcony - ideally all 01 and 02 rooms are more spacious with 02 rooms havin...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank aisheriff
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed February 19, 2012

Sleep inn is a good price hotel in a little bit of a risky area. The room are basic. Bathroom has its on water heater tank so hot water is always available. The restaurant is basic. Free breakfast is okay. Should always take taxi from outside of the hotel. Air con is working and the have backup power.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank chotukata
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 14, 2012

Having read some of the reviews on this site, when a trusted agent booked me into this hotel, I was dreading the worst. There are indeed two sleep inn's: one on Mahiwa street ('kariakoo') and another (slightly more expensive) swish one ('city centre'). This one, Kariakoo, cost me 25,000/- Tsh to get to from the airport- price a little higher than usual apparently but it was evening when I arrived.

However, I was pleasantly surprised. The room was clean and a good size, the shower hot. I did not have another room connected to mine as some other reviews suggest. It is possible that there are two wings in the hotel, I stayed in a room on the side of numbers 'x01 -x12'.The staff were very polite and helpful, one even escorting me to a nearby supermarket when I explained I would not have time to grab lunch before my flight.

Dinner at their restaurant was good, a Tanzanian favourite of chicken & chips. Big portion helped! The breakfast consisted of fried potatoes, omelette, toast and tea/ coffee. Fruit and cereal on offer as well.

There was also free internet.

I did not have the experiences that some other reviewers seemed to have had. Possibly I was just lucky, but in general, the hotel really did seem good value for money and my stay was an entirely pleasant one. Wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: Try get a room between numbers 'x01-x12' Make sure you know which sleep inn you are booke...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank iopo
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed January 31, 2012

This hotel gave us a terrible start to our vacation in Tanzania. We arrived close to midnight after a long journey, and were surprised to see a taxi driver with a sign with our name on it (and the hotel logo). We had not ordered any transport, only asked what the price would be for such transport. At first we do then not want to go with him. He insists, and claims the price is 20 USD, and we will pay the hotel, not him. We also have him phone the hotel, but he does not get through. In the end, as it is past midnight we accept and he drives us to the hotel, which seem OK. The next morning however we going into the city and soon find ourselves completely lost. I had brought a map and could not find ourselves on it. That was because we had been sent to the WRONG Sleep in Hotel. They have two branches, but it seems even if you send an email through the website of the city centre one, you end up in Kariboo. When we return to the hotel around 2 o’clock they say that it is not a problem to change, so we pack our things and meet in the lobby. Then they say we have to pay for one more night there, since it is past 10 in the morning… Well, we do not want to pay twice for the same night, so we reluctantly go back to our room.
The next day we then (try to) check out. Then the bill has suddenly increased. They overcharge us for the taxiride, and when I refuse to pay, any more than the 20 USD + 2 nights rate they have a security guard get physical and grab the wrists of my girlfriends and take our luggage away. I ask them to call the taxi driver, which they simply refuse, neither am I allowed to talk to the manager. In the end I see no choice but to pay them want they want, just to get out of there. We had transport waiting and could not risk sitting in the lobby all day.
If a guy in the market manage to trick me into paying too much for something, I accept that. But a hotel who seem to do whatever they can to get extra money from me, that is not acceptable.

Room Tip: Know which hotel you are being sent to... City centre or outskirts...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Dar es Salaam hotels

Milan, Italy
Reviewed October 9, 2011

Very friendly staff, can arrange all your request. Acceptably clean and quiet, it can offer you a comfortable accommodation not far from the centre of Dar Es Salaam. Only Bed and Breakfast is offered, but you have a number of grill restaurants in the streets round corner. I suggest this hotel for your business (short) trips as well, if you look for a cost-effective and good quality price solution, and you are not very demanding.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
istanbul
Reviewed June 21, 2011

I stayed at Sleep Inn Hotel for 3 days last week...the staff was very helpful and friendly..location of the hotel was good...and what is more you pay 50 dollars for singles and 60 for doubles and get a 5-star hotel quality. my friends stayed at a hostel in the same area paying 20 dollars each and in return they get a basic room..I highly recommend sleep inn especially if youre travelling couples..

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo