Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.com$83
Hotels.com$83
eDreams$81
Priceline$81
CheapTickets$83
Trip.com$106
All reviews indian ocean restaurant and bar area this lovely hotel view of the ocean dar tanzania lounge relaxation ac
Selected filters
Reviewed November 16, 2018

Very nice setting on the beach with lush tropical gardens. The rooms were nice and the hotel grounds very beautiful. The restaurant and bar area was well laid out and the seafood was excellent. Very good service at reception and restaurant. Fast internet throughout the hotel and grounds.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed November 7, 2018 via mobile

I arrived late, as already advised. The hotel would not accept my Amex, despite this being the card I used to pre-book. The room did not have sea or pool view as advertised, smelt bad (maybe mosquito spray?) had a lot of mosquitos and was as hot as an oven. The receptionist called to say I would have to pay extra for the room in the morning as she had only charged me single occupancy. I showed her a hard copy of my booking to show she had charged me the rate as advertised when I booked. The room was too hot to be fit for occupancy and the receptionist refused to refund the money I had paid.
Customer service - zero and a room unfit to be occupied by anything but a Thanksgiving turkey.
Totally not recommended

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank tropicopter
alas abdinur a, Owner at Mediterraneo Hotel & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2018

Dear Bob Evans,

First, and foremost, we want to extend our apologies for your experience. We can assure you that your experience is not the way we treat guests and that is not the typical feedback that we get about our rooms or our service. We pride ourselves on providing high-quality customer service and we will find out what happened and get back to you.

Although we have a seaside and poolside rooms, in our system we don’t allocate specific rooms unless there is a special request or note from the guests and in your booking didn't have any specification or special request.

Hope we can welcome you back.

Reviewed August 29, 2018

We stopped over for a few days between flying into Dar from Europe and going on Safari. Nice base if you want to spend a day or two seeing the city. Good place to recharge after the long journey. It is very nice to be able to overlook the sea from the restaurant - and actually going for a dip at the beach. The staff are nice and helpful and the rooms spacious and comfortable

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank madsanna
Reviewed August 18, 2018 via mobile

The hotel is very nice and clean and the location is good. Unfortunately it did not serve my purpose since I slept there on a work trip but the hotel is very noisy and there is partying going on with loud music so it’s not easy to get any sleep.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Aija K
Reviewed August 10, 2018

Very relaxing stay near Dar, I loved the restaurant/bar right on the water! Decent sized rooms with bathrooms, and great restaurant overlooking the waves.

Fair warning though, the trip from the airport can be long (1.5+ hours in traffic). Very worth it for the tranquility of the hotel, but it was unexpected...

Date of stay: July 2018