Mediterraneo Hotel & Restaurant
$101
Sea Cliff Hotel(Dar es Salaam)
$293
$153
Tanzanite Executive Suites(Dar es Salaam)
$223
$81
  • Breakfast included
$104
$98
Agoda.com
New Africa Hotel(Dar es Salaam)
$148
$105
Hotel Sapphire(Dar es Salaam)
$91
$286
$263
$200
$181
Harbour View Suites(Dar es Salaam)
$136
$99
  • Breakfast included
Tiffany Diamond Hotel(Dar es Salaam)
$68
$64
Agoda.com
All reviewsitalian foodindian oceanmasai security guardsitalian familylounge areamosquito nettinggreat settingcold beerswimming poolrooms are nicenice foodview of the oceanbusiness triptanzaniadartraffictide
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 30, 2012

After landing Dar es Salaam I was taken from the airport to this hideaway resort. It's fabulous for families or young couples in love! They have a pool and it's right on the beach. The sunrises are spectacular! The rooms are comfortable, if a little sparse. The service was good the food was excellent.

Room Tip: I would choose a room away from the reception desk and take a garden room if you're looking for extreme quiet. This place is a bit out of the way, good if you're not touring the city the first day. When they advertise a room as beachfront, it's not really beachfront, you see a glimpse of it, but it is facing the beach. Aside from that, it's a good place to stay for a few nights to relax.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
kipara, Public Relations Manager at Mediterraneo Hotel & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2012

Dear guest,
Thank you for taking time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel and to share your experience.
Thanks for choosing us; you are always welcome to Mediterraneo Hotel & Resort.

Reviewed August 17, 2012

I can only comment on the restaurant as I did not stay at the hotel. The place is gorgeous, close to the city yet seems to be a world away. The decor is very romantic and the area is peaceful. The garden is lush and well kept. I had seafood fettuccine and they were delicious. The wine selection was also very good.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Dear guest,
Thanks for your feedback about our restaurant. It`s our main goal to keep the atmosphere peaceful and relaxing and assure the flavour of Italian traditional cookery.

Reviewed August 10, 2012

I come to Dar annually for work. I stayed at the Mediterraneo last year and had a very pleasant experience; I'm writing now because this visit was a marked difference! The AC in the room is either on or off - freezing or stagnant. And this year, for some reason (I come in August each year), my room was filled with mosquitoes. To the point where I could not sit in a chair without being eaten alive. I tried several chemical "bombings" with the can of insecticide provided next to the TV, but to no avail. Sadly, the restaurant also disappointed this trip. I had the "catch of the day" (snapper) which was overcooked, dry and tough. I was due to stay another night after returning from the field, but changed to another hotel and will likely not be back. Too bad.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
kipara, Public Relations Manager at Mediterraneo Hotel & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2012

Dear guest,
Thanks for you review regarding our hotel. I am certainly disappointed that your stay was not all it could have been.
I would like to apologize on behalf of the hotel and its team for your stay.
You may be interest to learn that we provide several times to disinfest our area since we are surrounded by a lush vegetation; for this reason we usually kindly ask our guests to keep door closed to avoid mosquitoes to enter the room especially during rainy season.
I would take pleasure to welcome you back to have again a pleasant experience in Mediterraneo Hotel & Restaurant.

Reviewed August 1, 2012

very good place to stay and eat!!! clean, quiet with an elegant music, the pasta... mamamia!!! such delicious! they have a very good food, the staff is nice, professional and the waiters are very friendly and helpfull . the restaurant is located front the sea view so its very romantic. al around the gardens you find the rooms, the room is clean with hot water and a/c and all confort.

they have a sminingpool and fitness center inside the hotel!

i highly recomanded it!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
kipara, Public Relations Manager at Mediterraneo Hotel & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. I am pleased to read your appreciation and satisfaction regarding our hotel and restaurant. Thanks for choosing us; you are always welcome in Mediterraneo Hotel & Restaurant.
Have a nice day.

Reviewed June 21, 2012

This hotel is a rather small property but it has a lot of character. It sits right on a fairly narrow strip of beach north of Dar. The water is really too polluted to swim in but it is nice to look at. There is a good Italian restaurant that is popular with the local expat crowd. The gym is pretty pathetic. It has one treadmill that is barely functional, a bike, and some weight machines. It is in a non-air conditioned room which in the heat here could be fatal.

The rooms are very pleasant. They have hardwood floors and rustic wood furniture. Everything was functional in my room. Every third Saturday of the month they have an all night party so I would avoid staying during that time. The traffic getting into city center in the morning and back in the evening can be horrendous so if you have to travel the roads frequently you might want to look for something closer.

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank dumb_screen_name

Dear guest,
Thanks for sharing you experience in Mediterraneo Hotel & Restaurant. Regarding the gym, I would like to inform you that we have only few tools because it is intended for domestic use. As you noticed the room is small and without air conditioned. I believe that when you exercise you are supposed to sweat: air conditioned could represent a danger for health, the easiest way to get sick. I would also explain that every third saturday of the month, a party with music takes place and it is our duty to inform the incoming and the inhouse guests so they can choose the position of the room according to specific demands.
Wish you a good day.