My family and I stayed at the Kilimanjaro for four nights in July 08. Our overall experience was very positive; the Kili lives up to its 5 Star billing. It is an excellent modern hotel with all the conveniences one would expect to find in a hotel of this class. The bedrooms are well designed and appointed; the staff is friendly and very efficient and the restaurants/bars serve up excellent food and drinks.
We arrived late in the evening to be greeted by the receptionist staff who very quickly and efficiently processed our check-in. However the two-adjoining harbour view rooms that I had requested were unavailable that night (as the hotel was full, hosting a conference), but were made available the following day as soon as they became free.
The pool area is clean and well maintained with complementary bottled water provided to the bathers by a friendly staff. The views of the harbour area and the ambiance provided from the infinity pool are magnificent and a welcome relief from the bustle of Dar.
The Kili’s restaurants are very good, especially the Oriental, which gets very busy on weekends; a reservation is recommended. The more casual Palm restaurant also serves up good food with a variety to suit all tastes. The Level 8 Bar (roof top) is an excellent location to chill out at the end of the day with an cold Serengeti lager or a cocktail of your choice. The views of the harbour, especially at sunset are magnificent. The bar/finger food at Level 8 is reasonably priced and an excellent and a good alternative to having a full meal. All the restaurants and bars, unlike the bedrooms, are reasoanably priced and good value given the quality and service provided.
Although the rooms are very expensive and perhaps ought to be priced slightly lower (within the same bracket as the Moevenpick Hotel a kilometre or two away), nonetheless the experience for a few nights is worth the splurge
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hyatt Regency Dar es Salaam, The Kilimanjaro is a synonym of exclusivity, luxury and service. With 180 modern elegant rooms and impressive exterior Hyatt Regency Dar es Salaam, The Kilimanjaro is a landmark 5-star hotel in Dar es Salaam. Both business and leisure travellers can experience true European and African comfort at ease. The hotel is regarded as the best hotel in Tanzania. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Agoda and Hotwire so you can book your Hyatt Regency Dar es Salaam, The Kilimanjaro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Dar Es Salaam, The Kilimanjaro Hotel Dar Es Salaam
- Kilimanjaro Hotel Dar Es Salaam