Hyatt Regency Dar es Salaam, The Kilimanjaro
Sea Cliff Hotel(Dar es Salaam)
$293
$153
$101
Harbour View Suites(Dar es Salaam)
$144
$104
  • Breakfast included
Tanzanite Executive Suites(Dar es Salaam)
$223
Agoda.com
$200
$182
Travelocity
New Africa Hotel(Dar es Salaam)
$148
$105
Hotel Sapphire(Dar es Salaam)
$92
$89
Travelocity
Tiffany Diamond Hotel(Dar es Salaam)
$84
$64
Agoda.com
All reviewsasian restaurantpalm restaurantinfinity poolrooftop barthe executive loungewonderful hoteltop floormain restaurantbreakfast buffet isan oasisfitness centerclean hotelrooms are comfortablesea viewbusiness tripenjoyed my stayindian ocean
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We stayed here before and after our trip to Zanzibar. The hotel has everything you need: restaurants, bar, shops, club, pool, fitness center, good service and all with a touch of class and elegance. Unfortunately the spa booked up quickly so they could not get us in. Sunday brunch was great. The casino was way too smokey and the only place where the staff were not as friendly. The beds were too hard for my taste but the rooms were very nice. I would love to stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 20, 2013

This is a very comfortable, well appointed,well locater hotel. The rooms are very comfortable. The restaurants, particularly the main restaurant off the lobby, serves very good food with a broad selection each day and a nice change from day-to-day, What makes this hotel standout above many others is the service provided by the staff. They worked hard to resolve problems even when they were not of their own making. For example, we arrived a day late without having notified them. The could not accommodate us that night, but got us a room nearby and then brought us back the next day and worked to make the transitions as easy as possible. They make sure that information that they provide is useful. For example, I asked a bellman where an ATM was located. There is one in the lobby; and instead of just pointing to it, he walked me over to it. Two hours later, when I saw him in the lift, he asked if the machine had worked for me.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 2, 2013

We stayed at the Kilimanjaro, Dar es Salaam, just for one night, but what a wonderful night it was! The service and care was superb, we were treated like royalty.

We had supper at the Oriental restaurant, and what a treat that was. Everything we ate was delicious, and once again the service was brilliant.

The rooms were immaculate, every detail was seen to and our every need was carefully looked after.

A fantastic hotel with wonderful staff!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 1, 2013

My family and I were only in the hotel for one night. It was fantastic. So much so that just before my 4 year old daughter was about to go to sleep she asked if we could please stay in this hotel and not leave the next morning. The rooms were great - the staff amazing - the food phenomenal. We ate in the Oriental restaurant. The fish was outstanding. All-in-all we felt welcome and cared for.

Thank you to the management and staff.

Ryan Penny

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ryan p
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We stayed at The Kilimanjaro for two nights. Rooms are well-designed, comfortable and everything functions. Upon checking out at 3am for an early morning flight, I stupidly left my credit cards, ATM cards and cash in the drawer of the desk in my room, and didn't realize until in transit at Nairobi airport at about 7am. The ladies on reception (Anita?) and in guest relations (Amina?) were very helpful, retrieved everything, called back to see where I wanted it sent to, after which Said Mbago on the concierge desk sorted everything - the DHL delivery caught up with me three days later in Lusaka, and the cash was sent by way of Western Union the next day. Without their phenomenal assistance I would have been toast! Thank you. As extra points, the Oriental served great food (at a price) while the lobby bar garden area is perhaps a little bit soulless. However, all in all, the Kilimajaro ticks all the right boxes, and the staff were top notch

Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business