“Disappointment”
Review of Thai Kani restaurant - MOVED

Thai Kani restaurant
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Thai Kani is the best kept secret in Dar es salaam, A Thai/ Japanese fusion restaurant,it serves the best Sushi/Sashimi this side of Tokyo, and and the most authentic Thai outside of Bangkok ! Order up the best Sushi/Sashimi in Dar and delight in our signature rolls, Octopus,Crabs,Lobsters and Curries. Come and experience the warmth of our welcome and food sensations second to none ! We are located at The Slipway, on Yacht club road, Msasani peninsula, Dar Es salaam.
Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

Honestly I dint enjoy the food at all, the waiters are useless and my fish cakes were ozing oil. For the price I would expect better. And its full of mosquitoes I would never go there again even if its free

travelismypassion10, Public Relations Manager at Thai Kani restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2014

Hi Rochelle,

We apologize for your unpleasant experience. Could you please tell us what you ordered and what was wrong witch each item. We notice you said the fish cakes were oozing oil; we will relay this information to to the chef.

As far as the mosquitoes go, it is rainy season but we do offer inside seating.

Also, did you speak with the owner/manager on duty that night to voice your experience?

Thai Kani

Reviewed February 25, 2014

Thai Kani is a little piece of heaven I couldn't have been more glad to find, especially given the lack of good restaurants in Dar. I've tasted many things on their menu, ranging from green curry, flat noodles, to sushi and papaya salad, and not one of those dishes is to be missed.

Especially not their "spicy tuna crispy rice" sushi which is by far the most amazing fusion sushi I have ever tasted.

But it's not only about the food. Love the ambiance, thai style soft lights with discrete music. Thai Kani is a restaurant in which we feel most welcome and are well taken care of. The service is very good, fast, and the waiters are charming.

Perfect for both Valentine dinners and friend/family reunions.

2  Thank FrenchFoodie16
Reviewed January 8, 2014

What a wonderful surprise. Great green curry, spicy beef salads and sushi made by the former chef of the Oriental at Hyat. Hope that they can maintain constitency...

2  Thank NiklasBB
Reviewed December 29, 2013

I have eaten here a few times and the food is consistently fantastic! Its a great place for a date, a casual evening with friends or a dinner meeting. My chopstick skills have greatly improved since my first experience but don't worry they also have the good old fashioned fork & knife if you prefer.

My favorite items on the menu:

Sushi:
- Spicy tuna (and spicy tuna crispy rice)
- Salmon Sashimi (it comes on ice which adds an amazing texture)

Starters: miso soup

Thai food:
- phad thai (amazing!!!)
- prawn in garlic sauce
- green curry

Chicken satay - comes with peanut sauce and is my fav off the BBQ menu hands down!

Nice mojitos too as an added bonus!

2  Thank Afro_bass
Reviewed December 28, 2013

Loved the food and the atmosphere. I prefer sitting outside. Been to the place twice. Both times on Fridays as we were to depart we met with more people coming in. I love the setup outside and the furniture used.

2  Thank Kbblandi