“The best seafood pancake (Okonomiyaki) ”

Ashibe Sushi Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #21 of 316 Restaurants in Dar es Salaam
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

I didn't expect to taste such authentic and brilliant Japanese food in Dar. The Okonomiyaki I had was better than most places in Japan! This restaurant is a delightful surprise.

There are newer reviews for Ashibe Sushi Japanese Restaurant

Reviewed June 25, 2014

My husband and I we are funs of sushi ( we ate sushi around the world). First I need to say this restaurant is not classy, not for special dates, but the service is very good.

I found the prices and portions very correct, the rolls are big ( yes not prepared like authentic Japanese) but the flavor is correct and the sashimi very fresh ( is right that is a little bit thicker but is water in your mouth!).

Anyway is always full of japanese and chinese people I think that is good!
Of course I return!

Reviewed April 12, 2014

My husband and I go to Ashibe for sushi pretty often. Almost every time there are Japanese customers in at least one other table, which I would take as a good sign anywhere.

The food is always great, nicely presented, fish is fresh. The wine list is very limited and only wine available by glass is Pearly Bay... but overall really nice food and good value.

Reviewed February 22, 2014

We were looking forward to the food after reading the reviews but were very disappointed.
The sashimi was cut far too thickly and the tempura was also not presented nicely (quite greasy) with very big pieces of vegetables and prawn heads rather than a nice piece of prawn.
Don't think we'll come again.

Reviewed December 11, 2013

We went Japanese restaurant tonight. We were very amazing japanese food. Sushi and sashimi is very fresh never see in tanzania restaurant. I can say " Real japanese orginal foods than ather restaurant". The staff is very shape, kindly and hospitality. We had a good time for enjoy. We return next time. Thank you.

1  Thank philip s