“Best steak in Dar es Salaam”
Review of 305 Karafuu

305 Karafuu
Ranked #2 of 325 Restaurants in Dar es Salaam
Cuisines: Seafood, Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Located in Kinondoni in a typical Swahili suburb, this restaurant which was the owner's garage is an unexpected find. It ranks high on my pleasure list for it's atmosphere, service, decor and above all, delicious menu. The garlic prawns are totally scrumptious and the steak is both tender and a delight to the palate. It is reasonably priced and well worth the experience. I highly recommend it as a " not to be missed outing " for Dar es Salaam visitors and residents alike.

Reviewed January 12, 2014

It was love at first sight. If I was to own a restaurant then this is it, I wouldn't change a thing. Loved the location (small middle of a swahili neighborhood, the decor was perfect combined with great paintings, food excellent and a very friendly staff.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

I can not get enough of the place. I have been there with family, friends, colleagues and visitors one thing is common among my companion is they are always pleased with the food and service.... A lovely cozy restaurant, it feels like you have to hunt for it first. I have been there several times for lunch and dinner. Food is fresh and reasonably priced, the menu is not extensive. Love the music too. I recommend you reserve a table for dinner on Friday or Saturday.

Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

The best restaurant I have been in Dar..the food is amazing, service is excellent not to mention the owner..who is always there to make u enjoy the stay at one of a kind place in the city. I actually dont have a favourite dish..cause everytime I go there..I find something new now I that I have developed a habit of trying anything new on the menu as im sure 'the chef' wont disapoint me! Thoug I will recomend a steak royale for a first timer. Cheers!!

Reviewed October 27, 2013

This is, IMO, the one restaurant in Dar that actually looks and feels like a real restaurant. You need help finding it the first time. The owner is a Tanzanian who converted part of his house. Small dining area (as opposed to cavernous rooms in most other places). Colour-washed walls decorated with paintings by Tanzanian artists. Great background music. Nice little bar. Food is good - not fantastic, but good enough (my favourite is the chili prawns as a main) and I go there for the ambiance - and it's nice to support a local Tanzanian who is doing his best to make it work.

1  Thank scubakjr