“Amazing Setting, Food good, service is a hit and a miss”

Cape Town Fish Market
Ranked #2 of 323 Restaurants in Dar es Salaam
Cuisines: Sushi, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: On Msasani Beach on the Peninsula...best sunsets you will ever see....Modern Restaurant & Sushi Bar with a wide variety of Fresh Seafood and Sushi...VIP area with modern outside bar...Fresh fruit Cocktails...TV's in bar and big screen in the evenings....group bookings and lots more.
Reviewed April 23, 2014

I have been t CTFM a few times, I love the setting on the edge of the ocean and great to watch sunset. The food has been good and have no complaints.

The service from the waiter the first few times was great, my waiter was attentive without being too much (I think his name was Jonathan). The last time I went, I had to pour my own wine, ask for a cloth to clean the table, it was just not up to standard when you spending $100 on a lunch.

However, everytime I go there the managers seem disinterested. The younger manager spends hours chatting up young girls (my whole meal last visit about a month ago). Or sits at the bar / or on his phone. I have never been asked if we were ok, food, service, nothing. I run upmarket lodges throughout Tanzania and that would be unacceptable to us.

It really puts me off going there, even though I like this restaurant.

Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

Was nice place to be You just feel like not leaving the place and continuing ordering the fingerlicking dishes. From fresh sea foods to tender sirloin. I can't forget the turf and surf executive was so delicious. It is place to be.

Reviewed April 11, 2014

When living in South Africa, CTFM was one of our regular places to eat as my daughter loved it. Now living in Dar we were exited to hear of this one opening, but unfortunately there's still some improvements to be made on the food.

The setting is lovely, service is good, prices are high but that would be ok if the food would be consistently good. Now it's a bit of hit and miss. Sushi is sometimes ok, sometimes there's no vinegar in the rice and it's just bland. Curries can be ok or a bit strange. Fish can be great or pretty dry. Shrimp and calamari are probably the best choices... or better yet just go for a drink and the scenery at sundown.

Last time I sent my food back twice and ended up not eating. To their credit they were courteous and took it off the bill with no problems.

I keep on hoping it will get better...

Reviewed April 10, 2014

Wow wow wow this is another place that no one should miss
The food is so delicious. The snails are mwaaah. I really had a great time
The service is excellent on time the ambiance is breath taking

1  Thank Hedva M
Reviewed April 8, 2014

Expensive, but worth a visit.. Lounge part is exceptional for spending some great time with friends and collegues. The restaurant section is also great, the food especially the one they make with calamarie is exceptional. The ambiance is great. Definitely worth paying $50-70/person. Wine's are not so impressive though.