“Best seafood, location & service in Dar!”

Cape Town Fish Market
Ranked #2 of 324 Restaurants in Dar es Salaam
Cuisines: Sushi, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: On Msasani Beach on the Peninsula...best sunsets you will ever see....Modern Restaurant & Sushi Bar with a wide variety of Fresh Seafood and Sushi...VIP area with modern outside bar...Fresh fruit Cocktails...TV's in bar and big screen in the evenings....group bookings and lots more.
Reviewed December 28, 2013

Visited CTFM Dar es Salaam twice in the last couple of weeks - and both times had a fabulous evening! Divine sushi and sashimi, delicious fresh seafood, fabulous cocktails and amazing service, and all of this within the same price-range as other (less enjoyable) restaurants in Dar (half-price/BOGOF on cocktails and sushi from 5pm-7pm is great for sundowners and nibbles).

Management are engaged, friendly and determined to ensure all guests have a great visit. Staff are well trained and provide excellent service. Seafood speaks for itself. Plus, you get to enjoy one of the best sunset-views in Dar!

Recommendations for CTFM Dar: linen napkins instead of paper napkins; less cream in the moules (a little too rich at the moment); give the bathroom attendant a stool to perch upon so that she's not sitting in/next to a basin.

Enjoy peeps, and ignore the rumours in Dar - CTFM is great, they source 95% of produce locally, and it is no more expensive than Karambezi / The Bay / etc.

Gavin L, Operations at Cape Town Fish Market, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2014

Wow...much appreciated...can promise you we strive for excellence at all times through investing in our people as well as the local communities...anything fresher is still swimming...thanx to all our staff for their continued efforts to set and maintain standards...look forward to seeing you soon...Karibu!

Reviewed November 25, 2013

One of the worst restaurants in Dar Es Salam. I was exited to visit it as I've been in Fish Market restaurant in South Africa and loved it. The design of the restaurant was quite nice but this is all it could offer... We have ordered food and were waiting for more then 2 hours. We were starving and asked to bring at least some bread and butter and their response was: "we don't have bread today". I was ready to give up and just leave the place but my colleagues were too hungry to search for a new restaurant. Finally food arrived. A small piece of fish with some veggies on the site, not what I was expected at all. It took me 5 minutes to be done with food and I was still very hungry. More then $100 for 2 people... one of the experiences I would like to erase from my memory.

1  Thank Alex F

It is unfortunate you had this terrible experience...we encourage you to please chat with management in future who are very proactive on the floor...they are there to ensure customer satisfaction so please bring any queries/problems to their attention timeously.

Reviewed November 23, 2013

Well...to be honest, it is a great restaurant and unfortunately it is way beyond what I could afford. The food was good. I may not say too good. But they can do better I feel. But my friends, be careful when you plan. Have enough money in your wallet when you enter in. Hahahaaha...But I have no regrets for spending so much.

Just a tip to the management: Be reasonable on pricing and re-check on your recipe. Couple of dishes which I tried which were not that impressive.

Gavin L, Operations Director at Cape Town Fish Market, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Thank you for your review...we strive to satisfy everybody and are continually looking at ways to achieve ultimate customer satisfaction...your review goes a long way in assisting us and look forward to seeing you again soon...please feel free to ask for my contact details to discuss any suggestions you might have as through communication we can all make things even better...many thanks.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

As I ate Norimaki with soy source from Kikkoman bottle, I found the taste very strange. As I asked the manager of the restaurant, he admitted that he was using cheap Chinese soy source instead of rather expensive Japanese (Kikkoman) soy source. It was due to the delay of customs clearing the manager explained without any sense of guilty. I'll never come to this restaurant which lacks integrity again.

1  Thank zeroemi
Gavin L, Operations Director at Cape Town Fish Market, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2013

Dear Sir....your review is noted and would like to state that the prodcut we use is not Japanese Kikkoman as you requested but it is a licensed Kikkoman soya from Singapore which is locally available....it was mentioned to import products with clearing and customs etc. is difficult with problems and as part of an International Franchise group we are both committed to supporting local business and respect the value of brand names....look forward to your continued patronage.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

I had previously been to Cape Town Fish Market in South Africa and enjoyed the food and Ambiance. However and to my and the group surprise, when we went to Fish Market Restaurant in Dar Es Salam we ended up waiting for two hours to get our order. I constantly reminded the waiter of our orders and eventually we were so hungry that we were begging for some bread (that also never came because they did not have any!).
Finally when the food arrived, most of the people by the table were disappointed as it did not deserve a two hours wait. My sea food South African pot could have been prepared in 10 minutes and did not have any particular flavors, had in it literarily two shrimps and maybe a couple of Calamare bites.

if you are looking for a fancy place in Dar Es Salam where you can have over priced drink then Fish Market is your perfect destination. On the other hand if you are seeking some refined sea food cuisine then look way further!

2  Thank Mimo2405
Gavin L, Operations Director at Cape Town Fish Market, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

I have messaged you and look forward to hearing from you in order to resolve these claims as we strive for ultimate customer satisfaction and experience through on going training...management are very involved on the floor and nobody seems to have any knowledge of this incident...nor any default times on food service have been reported...i would like to investigate this matter so to ensure that the possibility of such an incident does not happen in our business...look forward to your message as sent through messaging.