“Wonderful staff, stunning hotel”

Ledger Plaza Bahari Beach Hotel
Ranked #26 of 97 Hotels in Dar es Salaam
Reviewed September 1, 2013

My friend and I are currently volunteering in Tanzania and we are staying in a hostel near this hotel, but wanted somewhere to shower and use the pool and have lunch etc. The staff at the ledger plaza couldn't be more welcoming - they let us change money, charge our phones and use their wifi (for a minimal price) We pay 10,000 shillings a day for the pool which is very decent considering how gorgeous the facilities are! The food and drinks are also very reasonable and very very good quality (we had the vegetable pizza and seafood pizza for lunch today for 32,000 and they were delicious) I wish I could stay here!!! The only problem is how slow the service is, ie our shisha took an hour to arrive the other day - however this is very typical of Tanzania, everything is very slow and laid back, so I can't really fault them for that!

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank caitlinrozario
Anna S, Guest Relations Manager at Ledger Plaza Bahari Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2014

Dear Valuable guest ,

Many Thanks for the great review which will give us an additional push to move forward.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

I stayed here in mid August as part of a four day conference. The facilities were very good, and the support staff were always on hand to help. The rooms are very comfortable, and the views amazing. We chose the buffet option for the meals, and there is plenty of good quality food. The service for drinks can be a bit slow, and the Internet is difficult at times (to be expected in Africa!) but this is the best hotel I have stayed in whilst in Dar.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Was surprised to find a such beautiful resort in Dar Essalam.
Spent an amazing weekend : very nice room overlooking the ocean , I like it sport activities tennis , volley ball , gym ..
The service was good , the food was tasteful.
Had a great white party in the pool area , dancing and enjoying drinks.
On Sunday enjoyed the live band around the pool.
Will come back definitely.

Room Tip: Executive room with Jacuzzi is excellent
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Edward D

Reviewed August 12, 2013

I was going for a safari in Serengeti. I had booked my flight as well as accomodation via my tour operator in Arusha. As I was transiting through Dar es salaam, I asked my tour operator to find a nice quiet beach resort that I could relax after my safari before going back home. As Dar es Salaam is a business city I really didnt expect to find a hotel like Ledger as its like a high end resort in Zanzibar only this doesnt require the extra trip and is less expensive. The resort itself is quiet, as there arent many people visiting as its in outskirts of town. The food was great, room spacious and clean and to top it all the staff were very friendly.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Zainab A
Anna S, Manager at Ledger Plaza Bahari Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

Dear Zainab,
Extreme gratitudes for your comment on our beautiful hotel resort.

Regards
Guest Relations
Ledger Plaza Bahari Beach Hotel
(MANAGEMENT)

Reviewed August 8, 2013

Being already 13 years in Dar es Salaam a friend told me about this place just outside the city close to Kunduchi. Went there yesterday and could not believe my eyes. Grand entrance with 2 tennis courts on your right. Entering the semi open restaurant- Amazing urban Makuti plaza, attention to detail. Terrace of the restaurant overlooks the stunning pool area and the beach.

Spend my day at the pool with my wife and kids, and enjoyed great platters of spiced chicken wings. Service was fine but our waiter looked very 'sad'. Maybe a bad day for him?

I highly recommend this for families, you will have a amazing day! Next time I will do a sleepover in one of their cottages, hope that I will be surprised again!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Travelindar1973

Reviewed July 25, 2013

I had a very successful seminar with my co-workers at the Ledger Plaza - Bahari Beach. The service was indeed above what could be expected and the seminar facilities were very good – good sound quality and lightening, internet was very fast and the lunch buffet was of very good quality.
The rooms were very beautiful and clean.The bathroom was large and the balcony was impressing with a view of the sea.

The hotel is recommendable as a very good place to have seminars.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed July 24, 2013

Great place to get out of Dar es Salaam madness. I am still thinking of a hotel in Dar es Salaam that can match the space and amenities of this one. Pretty rooms with wonderful sea view not to mention a big good swimming pool which is less crowded. I got one of the best cappuccino in Dar es Salaam and mouthwatering cocktails... Thanks to the barman. I like sports ..and I was very impressed by a good football pitch/ Tennis, Basketball and Volleyball Court/ and nice fitness room.
Services were a bit slow in some instances and customer care was an issue as well.. The hotel needs some serious and well trained staff. Otherwise everything was cool. . I will definitely be back!
Hasso!