“Very nice hotel”

Ledger Plaza Bahari Beach Hotel
Ranked #23 of 95 Hotels in Dar es Salaam
“Very nice hotel”
Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here in mid August as part of a four day conference. The facilities were very good, and the support staff were always on hand to help. The rooms are very comfortable, and the views amazing. We chose the buffet option for the meals, and there is plenty of good quality food. The service for drinks can be a bit slow, and the Internet is difficult at times (to be expected in Africa!) but this is the best hotel I have stayed in whilst in Dar.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Anna S, Guest Relations Manager at Ledger Plaza Bahari Beach Hotel, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Dear Valuable guest ,

Many Thanks for the great review which will give us an additional push to move forward.

Kind regards ,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
nairobi
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Was surprised to find a such beautiful resort in Dar Essalam.
Spent an amazing weekend : very nice room overlooking the ocean , I like it sport activities tennis , volley ball , gym ..
The service was good , the food was tasteful.
Had a great white party in the pool area , dancing and enjoying drinks.
On Sunday enjoyed the live band around the pool.
Will come back definitely.

Room Tip: Executive room with Jacuzzi is excellent
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Edward D

Tunis, Tunisia
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I was going for a safari in Serengeti. I had booked my flight as well as accomodation via my tour operator in Arusha. As I was transiting through Dar es salaam, I asked my tour operator to find a nice quiet beach resort that I could relax after my safari before going back home. As Dar es Salaam is a business city I really didnt expect to find a hotel like Ledger as its like a high end resort in Zanzibar only this doesnt require the extra trip and is less expensive. The resort itself is quiet, as there arent many people visiting as its in outskirts of town. The food was great, room spacious and clean and to top it all the staff were very friendly.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Zainab A
Anna S, Manager at Ledger Plaza Bahari Beach Hotel, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Dear Zainab,
Extreme gratitudes for your comment on our beautiful hotel resort.

Regards
Guest Relations
Ledger Plaza Bahari Beach Hotel
(MANAGEMENT)
Lusaka Province, Zambia
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Being already 13 years in Dar es Salaam a friend told me about this place just outside the city close to Kunduchi. Went there yesterday and could not believe my eyes. Grand entrance with 2 tennis courts on your right. Entering the semi open restaurant- Amazing urban Makuti plaza, attention to detail. Terrace of the restaurant overlooks the stunning pool area and the beach.

Spend my day at the pool with my wife and kids, and enjoyed great platters of spiced chicken wings. Service was fine but our waiter looked very 'sad'. Maybe a bad day for him?

I highly recommend this for families, you will have a amazing day! Next time I will do a sleepover in one of their cottages, hope that I will be surprised again!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Travelindar1973

Nairobi
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I had a very successful seminar with my co-workers at the Ledger Plaza - Bahari Beach. The service was indeed above what could be expected and the seminar facilities were very good – good sound quality and lightening, internet was very fast and the lunch buffet was of very good quality.
The rooms were very beautiful and clean.The bathroom was large and the balcony was impressing with a view of the sea.

The hotel is recommendable as a very good place to have seminars.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Dar es salaam
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Great place to get out of Dar es Salaam madness. I am still thinking of a hotel in Dar es Salaam that can match the space and amenities of this one. Pretty rooms with wonderful sea view not to mention a big good swimming pool which is less crowded. I got one of the best cappuccino in Dar es Salaam and mouthwatering cocktails... Thanks to the barman. I like sports ..and I was very impressed by a good football pitch/ Tennis, Basketball and Volleyball Court/ and nice fitness room.
Services were a bit slow in some instances and customer care was an issue as well.. The hotel needs some serious and well trained staff. Otherwise everything was cool. . I will definitely be back!
Hasso!

Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed July 18, 2013

Went there with a few friends for a weekend getaway. The location is great, away from the city traffic and noises.
Rooms were very cosy with a nice view of the ocean, but the small detailing work was pretty bad. Could see drops of paint on the tiles, bad spackling work on the edges, tiles not all straight. Showers had really nice water temp and water force, that was nice.
Restaurant was nice and big, and very open, really nice to enjoy all the space. The food was horrible, bland and cheap cuts of meat. I had to fight with my steak to eat it, and honestly the steak won cause I was tired of trying to cut it. Everything was really bland, would be nice to add just a little salt and pepper to add some flavor.
I spent most of my time at the pool area, best part of the hotel, but you can see the place is run down, despite it just opening. The tiles were falling apart in the pool and it was not so fun stepping on them while trying to swim.
Service was not that bad, the usual in Dar es salaam, it seems the staff are not yet ready for the hotel to be open.

Room Tip: Try and get one away from the main hotel, there is a band that plays on the weekend by the pool and...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear valuable Guest ,

Thanks for posting your valuable comment.

You opinion is very important for us to improve our service.

Hope to see you again among us