“POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE”

Chops & Chips Restaurant
Ranked #248 of 324 Restaurants in Dar es Salaam
Reviewed June 14, 2013

I have been to this restaurant a couple of times but was disappointed both the times. You have to wait quite a bit before you are seated and then some more waiting before someone attends to you. There is no consistency in the food - it seems like there is a different chef everytime. You will tell the waiter that you want the food mild in case of the curries or well done if you are having their bbq and when the food is brought to you it is a disaster!! When you complain you are blamed for not having mentioned it before hand so that it could be cooked accordingly. If you want it replaced you will be double charged - how sick is that! The portions is fair but like I mentioned earlier there is no consistency when it comes to the flavor.

Overall, if you are really stuck then maybe you would want to go and eat there!

Reviewed April 24, 2013

We wanted a take away in Dar as we were tired and did not want to leave our hotel. They recommended chops and chips which was very close by.

I called to place my order, but it took a number of attempts to get everything through.

The food arrived in an hour and a half, which is very long. The individual instead of knocking first, tried to walk into my room.
After paying for the total (25,000) with 30,000 shillings, he told me he had no change, so he took the extra 5,000 shillings- not a good way to make your customers happy.

The food was average, as good as a standard take away in England- nothing to get too excited about. For the price of $20 we got a pizza, burger and mixed grill. They were ok.

Overall, it was ok food, good enough for you to be filled up, but not satisfied at the taste.

2  Thank SBhatt87