“Great view ok buffet”

Akemi
Ranked #11 of 316 Restaurants in Dar es Salaam
Cuisines: European, Indian, Fusion
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Tanzania's first and only Revolving Restaurant. Enjoy Multicuisine with amazing views of Dar es Salaam city, the harbour and the Indian Ocean.
Reviewed January 13, 2014

The restaurant is located on the 21st floor and you can have the best view of Dar.
The buffet spread was little and the food was ok. The price is high when you consider the quality/ variety of the food but the view is worth a visit.

1  Thank ranjithdesilva
Priya K, Owner at Akemi, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2014

Hi and thank you so much for your feedback.
I'm pleased that you enjoyed the view from Akemi . I hope that on your next visit you will notice the change in our lunch buffet which is now more extensive and offers more variety.
Regards,
Priya

There are newer reviews for Akemi

Reviewed January 8, 2014 via mobile

It's nice and luxury hotel .. the food is good also reasonable price and you can see the ocean and Dar es salaam town from other side actually it's rotating

Priya K, Owner at Akemi, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

Hi,
Many thanks for your review and for coming to Akemi. I'm glad you were happy with our prices, view and our food. We look forward to you dining with us again. Regards, Priya

Reviewed January 1, 2014

So Akemi has been here for a while and I heard all positives and negatives since they have opened. Decided to try for myself the very first time- on new years eve. As I walked in I expierenced what all people did for the first time: Wauw! The ambiance was spectacular, the lightning drapes and the massive centre chandelier. Indeed, my expectancy level on food and service was barred up to the full maximum! A very warm welcome at the entrance from an Indian host- fantastic! Greeted by Bret the restaurant manager- I really did feel welcome!
Had some cocktails at the bar wife my wife, bartender knew his stuff, that's a fact. Proceeded for dinner, beef carpaccio, seafood soup and a fantastic cut of sirloin prepared as I wanted it. However the Tiramisu was my winner. Service was spot on and from waiter to manager to owner Priya came by to check- lovely. My 4 and not 5 star is based on the band, terrible. Ok, maybe I am getting old! The DJ however was great- I enjoyed and expect great things from Akemi- they should be in the top 10 in this year.

Priya K, Owner at Akemi, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

Hi,
Thank you so much for spending your New Years Eve with us and for all of your positive comments. I'm so pleased that you had a great night and enjoyed all aspects of the Akemi experience. I'm sorry the band wasn't to your liking but thank you for your feedback as it will help us to review things for NYE 2014 :-) I Look forward to seeing you again soon and more regularly. Many Thanks, Priya

Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

Celebrated my first anniversary at akemi last weekend..absolutely an amazing restaurant with beautiful view..excellent environment..loved the food too!! Would love to go again x

1  Thank Misha L
Priya K, Owner at Akemi, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2013

Hi there!
Many thanks for taking the time out to review Akemi. I am so pleased you had a great first anniversary and we appreciate the fact that you chose to celebrate it at our restaurant. I hope you'll be back again very soon.
Regards,

Reviewed November 19, 2013

Akemi's location and its revolving floor, make it perhaps one of the restaurants with some of the most exotic and lovely views of Dar Es Salaam city and its port. Food is just about average. Service is quite efficient. Would have helped if the menu had been a bit more creative and inclusive of far eastern / asian preferences. Prices are a bit over the top. But all in all, a good place for a business meal and even a family meal.

1  Thank Sai P
Priya K, Owner at Akemi, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Hi there,
Many thanks for visiting and for taking the time to review Akemi.
I'm glad you enjoyed the service and our views. We have recently introduced a 'From The East' section in our menu to accommodate the diverse cultural population of Dar es Salaam. As far as our pricing we believe it is on par with any other premium restaurant in Tanzania. Our lunch buffet is 30,000 Tsh (appx USD$18), our A La Carte main courses range from 29,000 to 47,000 (Appx USD$18- 30).
Either way I'm glad that your overall experience with us was a positive one and hope to see you again soon.
Regards