“Fabulous”

GouRmet Bistro
Ranked #50 of 305 Restaurants in Dar es Salaam
Cuisines: Mediterranean, European
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: GouRmet Bistro re-opened January 15th 2016 at our new location on the roof of The Little Theatre Oysterbay (located next to Protea apartments and St. Peters Church). We are open to the general public Tuesdays to Saturdays from 18:00 hours. Our new menu is eclectic but also includes some favourites from the old GouRmet menu. The setting is informal and cosy. Bookings recommended.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fabulous”
Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

Super, fabulous, exquisite are just a few words that I use in the same sentence as Gourmet. Food to die for (all my friends agreed) beautiful setting and very friendly and helpful staff. Only downside location is a little out of the way but well worth it. A must for any food lover

• Visited August 2013
justmeintz, Owner at GouRmet Bistro, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Thank you for taking time to review Gourmet. I am glad you and your friends enjoyed your visit and food. We are a little way out from the center of Dar but we believe from our guests responses that it is worth the time spent in traffic. We also hope that traffic situation will change in the very near future thus encourage more diners to come and enjoy the Gourmet experience

Many thanks again

Chris & Jacqueline.

Western Cape
“One of the best in Dar”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I have heard many good things about Gourmet since it opened about a year ago in Dar es Salaam. Finally last week we were lucky enough to have a chance to visit.

Firstly the ambience is really wonderful. A peaceful garden setting, -but without a mosquito in sight, which is quite remarkable in Dar es Salaam. The service is also excellent, with attentive and knowledgeable staff who place orders on a mobile tablet making ordering and billing very efficient.

The food was generous in portion but not overwhelming and competitively priced. My pasta was cooked to perfection and all the dinner guests agreed that their food was excellent.

Although a bit of a drive from City Centre and most likely a challenge traffic-wise on some days, it is truly WELL WORTH the journey.

We will definitely be going again.

• Visited September 2013
justmeintz, Owner at GouRmet Bistro, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Thank you very much for your review of Gourmet. I am happy you enjoyed your Gourmet experience and was not put off by the traffic. We hope the traffic problems will ease significantly as and when the New Bagamoyo Road fully opens.

we look forward to welcoming you again at Gourmet and will ensure a similar experience every time

Chris
Geneva, Switzerland
“Best steak in town!”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The atmosphere is great (I could hang out there with a book for a whole afternoon), the service is fast and friendly and the found is simply delicious. It's the best steak I've had in this town.

• Visited September 2013
justmeintz, Owner at GouRmet Bistro, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am very happy you enjoyed your steak. I try my level best to source the best ingredients for my diners. Good beef is hard to find here in East Africa but i believe the best is always available at Gourmet. I hope you will return and try other items off our menu or enjoy another steak,

Many thanks
Johannesburg, South Africa
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“good food, location is a problem”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Service is good, food is good but surely not deserves to be no.1 on TA but a good place after all.
Main problem is the location, far away from town and peninsula, as I said, food is good but not worth 2 ours in the traffic.

• Visited August 2013
Many thanks for your review. I'm sorry that the traffic was bad for you and this reflected in your average rating. The traffic is beyond our control, our fingers are crossed for the full opening of the new road which should ease the traffic significantly on old Bagomoya road. The traffic problems are are good point for travelers to DSM to note.

I do hope you will visit Gourmet again when the traffic has eased.
dar es salaam
“breath of fresh air....”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Driving down the dark bushy road, one would not expect such a serene, beautiful, lovely place at the end of it...it is a breath of fresh air in the hot, humid and busy dar es salaam.
My partner and I loved it. the food was nice, delicious, yummy.....place is perfect if you want a quiet diner, and just a quiet place to talk, and take it easy. makes you forget the busy traffic down the road.
caution to the men: if your woman goes to the restroom, and spends more time than required, just know that she is loving the restroom like I did.
a must "re-visit" for sure.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank plwaka
Thank you very much for your review. i am happy you enjoyed the Gourmet experience. From concept to the time of opening Gourmet it was my intention to provide good food, service and a tranquil place to dine. I am glad you liked the restroom i hope it didn't keep you from your man too long. Hope you visit again soon

Many thanks