“Just ok”
Review of Bongoyo Island

Bongoyo Island
Reviewed July 29, 2013

The ride to the island is long ,you have to hop onto a small boat which takes you to a bigger boat and then the ride to the island in the scorching sun.I would advise you to carry your own food.
The waters around the island are nice n clear but the island itself unkempt..if only something could be done to the path that leads to the inside of the island...it could be such a nice nature trail...if only!

All reviews
"beautiful beach"
"fish and chips"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

Nice day trip, good beach, simple local restaurant cooking catches of the day and freshly made real potato chips !

Reviewed July 29, 2013

These islands are just amazing Mbudya as well as Bongoyo. You can reach it easy by ferry and the food comes really, really straight out of the ocean around you. If you an adventurer you can cross the island and can reach parts where nobody is.
A must if U R in Dar

1  Thank globetrotter69
Reviewed July 29, 2013

This should be a full day trip according to me and the first ferry leaves at 9:30 am and the last one returns at 16:30 pm. It costs 30 000 shillings per person both ways and includes a nature conservation fee. On the island you can order food and drinks. Food is more or less 15 000 shillings and beers are 4000 shilling. You can opt to stay the night and it will cost $40 per person but I don't know if you sleep in tents or not. Word of warning as people at Slipway(where you leave from) try to persuade you to take private trips to Bongoyo and I am not sure if this includes the required conservation fees and if they allow you to get off on the actual island.

The island is small and very beautiful and I love going there and coming back to stop off at The Waterfront by slipway to have drinks and dinner.

Most beautiful sunsets at The Waterfront!!!!

1  Thank Robert_CT13