“Tanzania Safari”
Review of Waterbuck Safaris

Waterbuck Safaris
Ranked #1 of 34 Tours in Dar es Salaam
More attraction details
Owner description: Dar es Salaam is the commercial capital of the country; it wields immense political and economical power. The atmosphere is pleasant in the city with picturesque Harbour, exotic beaches, and historical buildings such as state house, Ocean Road hospital and churches, as well as the most famous sculpture of Askari Monument. It is the city renowned for its lively nightlife.
Reviewed January 21, 2014

We went to Tanzania in October. My boyfriend and I went to Tanzania in October and we only had a few days to travel on our own because the rest of the vacation was for a wedding on the Island of Zanzibar. We wanted definitely wanted to fit in a Safari but it was hard finding a short tour that accommodated us. We found waterbuck on Trip Advisor and they had exactly what we needed. A short but enjoyable two day one night safari to Mkumi National park. The staff and driver J4 were friendly, accommodating and helped us with even more than what we signed up for. I had been to Africa before and was leery about driving for so long but our driver was very safe as well. We stayed in the Vuma Hills tented camp which was amazing as well. We saw all kinds of animals in the park and our driver was very knowledgeable about all of them. I would highly recommend this Safar Guide. The only reason I gave a very good rating instead of excellent was because of two things. One the vehicle broke down on the way back but the driver handled the situation well and we made it back safely. The other reason is because the food( packed lunches) were not that great. I felt they could have a better option or maybe stop somewhere and eat at a local restaurant instead of the packed lunch. On their behalf it is a third world country so they are limited to what they have to work with and maybe I am just being picky. :) Please pick waterbuck great people and a great time. You will feel right at home.

2  Thank TSteimel
"great safari"
"female lions"
"walking safari"
in 9 reviews
"highly recommend this company"
"worked out perfectly"
in 6 reviews
"double check"
in 2 reviews

Reviewed January 20, 2014

A group of friends decided to go with waterbuck tours for a two day tour through the Mikumi Forest. The driver promptly picked us up from our hostel (which was out of the way of Dar Es Salaam) and drove us to the forest. It was quite a long drive but along the way through the Mikumi forest we saw a great deal of wild animals. I was VERY pleased with the accomodations at night as I had expected to essentially be camping in the wild. The safari hotel included a four course meal, wifi, and even had alcoholic beverages to purchase. Nurez called me in the morning before departure to make sure I was comfortable and to ask me if I everything was alright which I greatly appreciated. The only downfall to the trip was that we didn't actually get to see any lions, but that of course is the luck of the draw.

In general I would highly recommend the trip, it's safe (considering some of the surrounding areas of DAR), and a nice trip overall!

3  Thank yasin b
Reviewed January 15, 2014

A wonderful safari set by Mrs. Gulzar......it was a 5N/4D tour and it was just great.....right from the pick up point in Kilimanjaro until the drop off, there wasnt a glitch we experienced, and the safari itself was awesome, our driver (Ismail) was very well experienced and was multilingual, and waterbuck safaris gave us the best accommodation, cant even think of a single day that we weren't happy of.....

All credits to the tour operator for a perfect management of our trip.

2  Thank Darshan M
Reviewed January 5, 2014

When planning this safari I had very good & smooth communication with Nurez and Gulzar from Waterbuck Safaris, while they were able to adjust the safari to our wishes and needs very easily. Mikumi is an amazing, stereotype African park with vast savannah plains full with buffalo, wildebeast, elephant and giraffe less than 6 hours drive from Dar S'laam, while the Udzungwa Mountains offer beautiful hiking with the Sanje waterfall as its highlight. Mikumi NP is worth the visit for both experienced/spoiled safari-goers (me) as well if it would be your first safari (my 3 Dutch friends). We stayed at Tan-Swiss Lodge, which is a mid-range lodge, but was more than ok with good and a wide range of options for breakfast and dinner. Their provided lunch boxes were however below average. Nazareth was our driver/guide, with more his focus on being the driver than being a guide, which was however not bothersome. Overall, it was a very good and memorable Xmas trip!