“Bagamoyo Day Trip”
Review of Waterbuck Safaris

Waterbuck Safaris
Ranked #1 of 21 Tours in Dar es Salaam
More attraction details
Owner description: Dar es Salaam is the commercial capital of the country; it wields immense political and economical power. The atmosphere is pleasant in the city with picturesque Harbour, exotic beaches, and historical buildings such as state house, Ocean Road hospital and churches, as well as the most famous sculpture of Askari Monument. It is the city renowned for its lively nightlife.
Wilson
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bagamoyo Day Trip”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We made a last minute choice to schedule a day trip to Bagamoyo, and Waterbuck Safaris was able to accommodate us! Our guide was extremely kind and knowledgeable about the town as he showed us around after we toured the German Fort, and all of us on the trip said that Jfour's tour of the town was the best part of the trip!. The fort was over priced and poorly restored, we were told it would cost 5,000 Tsh, but instead the prices were recently raised to 20,000 Tsh. The same happened at the Catholic Church and Missionary Museum.

I'm rating this day trip as Excellent because we had such a wonderful time touring the town with our Guide, Jfour, who was flexible enough to work with us when we declined to pay the raised prices at the museum.

Visited June 2013

• Turkish first
Wilson, North Carolina
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Great Experience”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

My wife and I took a trip to Bagamoyo outside of Dar with Waterbuck. We didn't know what to expect but from the beginning this was a great company to work with. Their store front was difficult for our driver to find, but once we were there I was impressed by the professionalism and courtesy of the owner. We went to Bagamoyo with our driver named Jayfour and the owner's brother Akbar. The fort that we went to see is not worth the 20k shilling entrance fee and I would avoid it. The town however was fantastic and our guide did a superb job of showing us around even getting my wife (who is a teacher) to go into a school and talk to the children. I cannot recommend this group more, they were safe, well priced, and wonderful to work with.

Visited July 2013
Pemba, Mozambique
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Mikumi Park - A great experience! Not too far from Dar!”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

For me it was a very last minute trip for a quick 2-day tour (Saturday and Sunday) away from Dar-Es Salaam. I was by myself and couldn't afford to take the entire tour on my own bill. I call Waterbuck and they had another two girls (Karen and Katie) that were also looking for another member to share the cost.
The car trip took us around 5-6 hours to get Mikumi Park and right on Saturday afternoon we were able to see many animals and some lions! On Sunday morning it was again a great outing to see many elephants, graphs and zebras. It was my first safari and it was great.
The car wasn't the most modern and new car, but the pop top was nice and useful for the safari and it was just okay for the trip.
Great tour and I would go again!

1 Thank Joao P
Calgary, Canada
“A wonderful experience - very well organised tour”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

We didnt have much time to plan this tour. We had mixed feelings. We had a few quotes from 3 different tour operators. A friend recommended Waterbuck Safaris. Perfect fit for us. Gulzar was very professional and responded promptly. As soon as we explained to her what our desire was she planned it all. Ngorongor, Serengeti, Lake Manyara, Marangu and Zanzibar. Excellect job. The Safari was great. The hotels, the internal flights and more worked out very well. Then to Zanzibar. What a wonderful experience. The four of us had a very memorable trip. Waterbuck Safari is "THE TOURING COMPANY" to go with. Thank you Gulzar for all your efforts and warmth put in the planning of our tour. Make sure you have a good camera. We saw loads of animals. "THE BIG FIVE". Everything else was provided.

Regards

Annar Mawani

Oroville, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A great tour!”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

I felt this two-day safari to Mikumi National Park was well worth the expense in every way. It was easy to make the arrangements and the driver arrived on time to start the tour. The vehicle used (Land Cruiser with a pop-top) was perfect for our group (two adults) and made looking at the wildlife much easier because we were protected from the sun and from rain (although it didn't rain). It also made it easy to get good photos. Our driver was excellent, did not take risks, and was good at spotting animals and very knowledgeable about the great variety of animals (even lions!) and birds we saw. We stayed in a tent at Vuma Hills Camp, and found the facilities very acceptable. The meals were great, the director and workers were friendly and helpful, and we found some nice gifts in the gift shop. We found the road in to the Camp one of the best places to see giraffes, zebras and impalas. We would highly recommend going on the early morning game watch before breakfast, as that's when we saw large numbers of animals close to the road. It was a much better time than late in the afternoon. I highly recommend Waterbuck Safari Tours.

1 Thank Lynn S