“Great food, service and location”
Review of Velisa's

Velisa's
Ranked #53 of 323 Restaurants in Dar es Salaam
Cuisines: Jamaican
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

I ate here twice during my time in Dar as I was staying nearby with friends. The restaurant is located right on the beach and the ocean breeze keeps it cool at night. The staff are friendly and attentive and there was a lovely ambience.

On my first visit I had the spicy coconut prawns with potatoes which were full of flavour and well cooked. The second time I had the calamari salad which was very plentiful, spicy and delicious.

This place is wonderful and well worth a visit when in Dar.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

Exploring the restaurant scene in Dar, Velisa’s is one of the pleasant surprises. The place is wonderfully located right on to beach meaning that it gets a cooling sea breeze, which makes all the difference in Dar. The restaurant is tastefully decorated and service is attentive and quick. We were served beautifully arranged plates of delicious genuine Caribbean food. Our only wish would be that we would have had company of other dinning guests. I cannot think of one reason why this nice little place should not be fully booked. We most certainly want to come back.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

from the exotic Jamaican food to the setting beside the beach. Velisas is probably one of the most comfortable and chilled out dining experiences I have encountered in my travels throughout the world. A must if you are in Dar es sallaam and are looking for a good time with excellent food in chilled surrounds

Reviewed August 21, 2013

I am well travelled and as such, I have eaten at some of the best restaurants all over the world. Not one however, compares to Velisa’s in Kawe Beach, Dar es Salaam!. Believe me when I tell you that it serves the best Jamaican food outside of Jamaica. The atmosphere was lovely and the service was out of this world. I would happily give this restaurant 5 stars and would eagerly flash the chef in recognition of his services!

Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

Brilliant place. The best food in Dar by a ling shot. Book ahead and ask Velissa for a family meal. She will bring out large platters if fantastic jamacian style food, the most beautiful vegetables - the best on themenu was her lentil bake! For a little extra they will organise a bon fire on the beach. Sit back with a wicked ccocktail and enjiy the wonderful east african ocean view