“Value for money!!!”
Review of New Africa Hotel

New Africa Hotel
Ranked #18 of 97 Hotels in Dar es Salaam
Reviewed May 5, 2014

Brilliant location. Right in the heart of dar. Staff are very friendly and food is amazing. I would recommend this hotel to all travellers who wish to stay in dar. This is perfect value for money. Nice chic bar with live music in a friday and great views and food in the top floor thai restaurant.

Ideal city centre hotel and ferries to zanzibar depart from a stone's throw distance.

• Stayed: May 2014
Siddharth C, General Manager at New Africa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review. I am glad to note that you liked the hotel services. I will share this feedback with my team immediately and this will act as a huge motivation for all of us here at New Africa Hotel.

Please feel free to email us all your special requests at reservations@newafricahotel.com.

We look forward to your next visit to Dar.

kind Regards,
Siddharth

Reviewed April 30, 2014

Since my last stay they have added a very expensive reception area but have nor spent any money solving the problem with dampness.
They have air fresheners fully active on all floors to hide the smell of damp.
In my room there was water on the tiles as you enter and several times I slipped. The room and bedding smelt and felt of dampness.
The room had a great view of the port BUT the 5.30 wake up from the singing in the church right next door was really not welcome.
The breakfast is excellent with a very wide choice
The Thai restaurant was very disappointing
They have a new Onyx lounge with a nice range of snacks and drinks BUT as it is a closed in place I didn't stay long due to them allowing smoking in there.
I will be trying somewhere else next time

Room Tip: choose a room on the opposite side from the sea unless you like being woken up at 5.30 to 6am in the...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Siddharth C, General Manager at New Africa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review. I am sorry for not being able to deliver a perfect guest experience.

I hope you will give us one more opportunity to prove ourselves. I have taken note of all points raised by you in the detailed feedback provided. I am sorry once again and will make sure the same is not repeated.

Reviewed April 17, 2014

I stayed at New Africa Hotel last week. I was very impressed with the service and the state of security of the rooms. The corridors to the rooms have security lock, only accessible to guests who have room keys. This is commendable in these days of terrorism.

The rooms are up to 4 star standard, though the towels are well worn out. The Thai restaurant on the 9th floor serve authentic Thai food, incredible to find one in Africa. I was told the Thai chef was on holiday but I can say that the trainee did a good job as a substitute chef. I only caught the difference when I asked for dessert 'sago', it wasn't as Thai as I thought.

I've read in some reviews regarding the noise from the nearby church at 5 AM, but this did not bother me, this is third world environment, I'd probably expect it in Geneva or Anchorage!

I was disappointed with the booking information, the room rates in the comparative listing was different from actual rate. The information should be consistent. Caveat, the wifi in the rooms are rather weak and oscillating. I had difficulty finding a restaurant that serve a la carte lunch in Dar, I certainly need to do better research next time.

Room Tip: The rooms on the sea side has a spectacular view of the harbor.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Hector J

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. I am glad that you had a comfortable stay and we look forward to seeing you at New Africa hotel shortly. I am also glad that you liked our food and would recommend our specialty Thai Restaurant - Sawasdee to everyone.

I am sorry for the rate disparity and will make sure the same is not repeated for your future trips.

You can email us your special requests and future room bookings on reservations@newafricahotel.com

Thank you very much once again for your review.

Reviewed April 13, 2014

My first time in dar and was holding a meeting....it is a convenient location in the CBD and the meeting facilities are excellent.
There was a slight hiccup with my room, and the air con did not quite work but it was soon rectified. Thank you to the staff, especially Linda at the reception for making it a comfortable and lovely visit.
In f

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at New Africa Hotel - Dar Es Salaam. We are the first choice city center hotel in Dar Es Salaam and take pride in hosting all the conferences.

I am glad to know that you had a comfortable stay and I will share this feedback with my entire team.

Reviewed April 8, 2014

I am staying at New Africa hotel for 4 months now, this is the third time I found cockroach in my food at the restaurant on 1st floor and that is enough! I warned them several times and I hope management takes some actions after I write my reviews here on tripadvisor.

Other points: The rooms are moldy, AC works like truck engine, internet does not work properly, even you ask for a router into your room, does not help cause the routers are not working as well. The windows do not open, so you never have fresh air unless you carry a tool #10 to open the windows. I accepted these all cause the price for long stay ($130/night bed & breakfast) was kind of acceptable. But cockroaches in your food exceeds my limits.

Your choice!

Room Tip: Beautiful view on the ocean front, at 6 am you will wake up with beautiful songs coming from the Lut...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Jeremy2011_07

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. I am sorry for the lack of basic standards faced by you during your stay. I have taken corrective action with my team and can promise you that the same shall not be repeated for any guest.

I am very sorry and I hope you will give us one chance to redeem ourselves.

Reviewed March 22, 2014

I stayed in New Africa Hotel in April 2013. The hotel is in a good location, the breakfast is very good and the staff are very helpful. Rooms are also clean. There was no disappointments on all expectations

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

At New Africa hotel, we take pride in looking after all our guests. I am delighted to receive your feedback and will share this with my entire team.

Thank you very much. I look forward to your next visit to our boutique hotel. We are the first choice destination for all travelers who wish to book rooms in CBD Dar Es Salaam due to the close proximity to all businesses. For your next visit, please email us on reservations@newafricahotel.com and we will be happy to cater to all special requests.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

On a recent business to Tanzania we passed through Dar es Salam twice, each time we stayed the New Africa. The Hotel is central and of a very good standard for the location. The rooms are clean and functional and most things work although the internet conection is at best unreliable.The Thai resturant on the top floor is worth a visit.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Greetings from New Africa Hotel and Casino!!!!

Thank you for your detailed review and we look forward to your next visit.

I am glad to note that you enjoyed your meals at our specialty THAI restaurant - Sawasdee.

I would also like to inform you that we have taken serious note of your feedback regarding internet facility and we are therefore, investing in a better system. This will be up and running very shortly.