We stayed here 2 nights recently before our flight to europe and it was a very good and relaxing stay.
The hotel has all the features you need and even as it was pretty full you felt relaxed.
Some plus thing and some minus then;
+ comfortable rooms, excellent view, very good sleeping quality
+ good breakfast with many choices
+ very good food in general (had a very good prawn-avocado salad and a tender T-bone steak)
+ friendly staff (and its plenty of them around)
+ good location if you like to be a bit outside the city centre.... which is less hectic...
- a bit old and worn down (just some details in the room and public areas, not too much though)
- we had the bad luck of being there when it was end of Ramadan, and the noise from the party in the garden was a bit disturbing... but ended before bedtime, so not too bad
- the taxi drivers could have been a bit more communcative and client friendly
- although many waiters and staff during meals, it felt like sitting in a chicken house with people running around all the time.... but it was pretty good service after all, but a bit unorganised..
So all in all a 5 star experience, and yes, I will be back and I will reccommend this to my collegues and friends. keep it up.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Sea Cliff Hotel - a stunning 5* hotel jutting out majestically on a cliff overlooking the Indian Ocean with beautifully manicured gardens. It offers an oasis of calm just 5km from the hustle and bustle Dar es Salaam’s city centre and 22km from the airport, nearby all that the city has to offer. All 93 rooms are beautifully furnished and include seven executive rooms, five executive suites, and a magnificent presidential / honeymoon suite with panoramic views out to sea. All rooms have complimentary WiFi, satellite television, direct dial telephone, mini bar, tea & coffee making facilities, digital safe and bathroom amenities as standard. 24-hour room service, laundry, dry cleaning, airport transfer and babysitting services also available. On site, there is also a fitness centre, outdoor pool with sun terrace, casino, hair & beauty salon, two restaurants, coffee shop, bar, members lounge, full service business centre, conference and banqueting facilities and service with a big smile. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Jovago.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sea Cliff Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.