Sea Cliff Hotel
$101
Harbour View Suites(Dar es Salaam)
$147
$104
  • Breakfast included
Tiffany Diamond Hotel(Dar es Salaam)
$68
$66
Hotels.com
$201
$182
Travelocity
Tanzanite Executive Suites(Dar es Salaam)
$224
$81
  • Breakfast included
$104
$97
Agoda.com
New Africa Hotel(Dar es Salaam)
$111
$105
$136
$110
$176
$154
Priceline
Sea Cliff Court(Dar es Salaam)
$144
$119
Travelocity
All reviewsindian oceanwhere breakfast is servedoverlooking the oceanindian restaurantlovely hotelmsasani peninsulacomfortable roomsbusiness tripbusiness centerhome away from homecity centrenanaalcovedartanzaniagymsupermarket
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 1, 2012

I was in Dar on business in September, and stayed at Sea Cliff for a week. This is a nice hotel that sits right on the Indian Ocean. Overall, the room was nice, though it did not have much of a view. The bed was very comfy. The only complaints I had were the shower did not have a closure on one portion, so the bathroom did get a little wet after a shower. I also did not like that staff would come in everyday to spray Doom. I did not see any insects in the room, but I did not them spraying so much insecticide in the room.

The breakfast was very nice, good selection. The restaurants at the Sea Cliff Village were also good, so there was always a good food selection.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Sea-Cliff-Hotel, Director of Sales at Sea Cliff Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2012

Many thanks for your feedback. We would very much like to find out which room you stayed in so we can check the shower. If you didn't report this to Maintenance during your stay, could you email us on information@hotelseacliff.com so that we can take action?

We do understand your feelings on insecticide. However, because we are in a tropical climate, we need to spray once a stay in the evening as a preventative measure.

Please do let us know if you're coming back to Sea Cliff Hotel so that we can prioritise your booking for a lovely ocean view.

Reviewed April 30, 2012

I stayed here in February and really enjoyed my stay. I was able to try a couple near-by restaurants and they are all part of the hotel so you could charge to the room. Breakfasts were good, staff was always friendly. Water never got hot, just barely warm. I asked for maintenance and they did check it but water was never hot. Pool was clean, work-out room was basic, but the equipment they have is working.

Room Tip: Ocean side is to the east, early bright mornings, but you see the seashore.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your review. It's great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and tried some of the restaurants in Sea Cliff Village shopping centre next door. I'm sorry to hear about the hot water though. Maintenance had logged this issue and we have since started running the burner for an extra 2 hours per day to ensure the water is always hot. We hope you'll be back out to visit us again soon!

Reviewed April 22, 2012

I spent 2 separate nights at the Sea Cliff 4 days apart and would recommend this hotel. We were late arrivals both nights - Precision Air only allowing us to arrive around 330am the one time. The staff were welcoming and accommodating both times. The first night was a normal room on the 2nd floor and the subsequent night was a sea-facing room on the 3rd floor. Both were great, and the beds very comfortable - but I would definitely choose the 3rd floor ones in future - +/- $30 more but the modern amenities and view are worth the expense. We were an earlier departure the first time and appreciated the coffee, fresh fruit and fresh muffins available in the foyer. The second stay we were able to enjoy a leisurely breakfast overlooking the water from Karembezi Cafe. We even returned after our business meetings were concluded and had the prawns for lunch: very delicious and the staff were excellent. I would definitely return. And as a female business traveller I appreciated the hospitality, and professionalism the staff exhibited to me.

Room Tip: Splurge on a sea view room on the 3rd room for added ambiance
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Sea-Cliff-Hotel, Director of Sales at Sea Cliff Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2012

Thank you for the lovely review. We're delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and to see your recommendation for rooms on our Executive Floor. Your comments will be duly shared with the team and we hope to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed April 12, 2012

The location is very beautiful- just at the cliff of the sea. Great staff. Great food.
The rooms and design are great. The place is worth it. The hotel also has a shopping village with a super market and restaurants- so if you want a change from hotel food, all you do is walk out about 400 meters away to the Sea cliff village.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the ocean have better view
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Sea-Cliff-Hotel, Director of Sales at Sea Cliff Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2012

Thanks so much for taking the time to write the Trip Advisor review! We hope to see you here again soon.

Reviewed April 4, 2012

I travel to Dar es Salaam often on business and for the past 8 years I have always ended my trip with a long weekend at the Hotel Sea Cliff. However, after this visit, I am searching for a new place to recoup my thoughts before heading home.

I was at the Hotel Sea Cliff for almost 2 weeks. I was assigned to the Village rooms. These are very small and cramped. And at a pretty steep price. But they kept tell me there was no room. Knowing Africa, and the easy of being in a place I knew and understood I stayed.

The room was just okay. The bed was warn, and the bathroom was small. The first week, we had no hot water in the Shower. But it was clean.

Checked out to go to Zanzibar for the weekend, and left my luggage with the hotel for safe keeping. We got stuck in Zanzibar for an extra day. So Hotel Sea Cliff gave my paid for room away. And then told me tough.

Well fortunately I am not a dumb tourist on holiday. So I contacted at a few friends and suddenly a room was found for us. Interesting, Nana kept telling us the hotel was full. But I guess not.

Nana and other middle management were rude and arrogant to me my trip and she was totally surprised when she saw me at the hotel the next morning. As my friends went to owner and General Manager. The middle management staff made me feel like a criminal. When I was checking out, leaving for Zanzibar, I had already settled my bill and closed my account. But a friend was stopped, and I mean blocked from leaving the hotel because Nana said I owned 49,0000 TSH, and I came back in just as my friend was about to pay, and said what is up. And she snapped at me saying I was trying to skip my bill. And I asked her what she was talking about. She said my room 418 had a balance of 49,0000 TSH, and I looked at her and said my room was 408. What an idiot and what a terrible way to treat a guest, a paying quest.

Then the gave our room away. But you know that is not the worse. Every time I left the room in the Evening and went to the hotel I was propositioned by very agressive prostitutes. And I mean they are walking the hotel and the village and security or management does nothing. It really turned me off.

But I have to say the the normal staff are so nice and so helpful. Grace in the Karabazi Cafe is tops, and all the bell persons, and cleaning staff. It is just that middle management.

But I have to say, I will really think twice before return to the Hotel Sea Cliff, what a change in a year. So be careful.

I struggled with this review of giving two or three stars. Management deserve one, and staff deserve 4, and village rooms are some place between 2 and 3. So I averaged it out, to three. But be cautious in the future. I know I will.

Room Tip: Just be cautious, check out the Hyatt, Double Tree and a few other hotels before booking.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Nusiax

We are happy to accept fault where it is due but simply do not feel that this review is fair and have conveyed the same to Trip Advisor.

The Village Rooms are indeed smaller than the main hotel and the price point reflects this. There should of course be hot water and Maintenance would have actioned this immediately had you reported it during your stay. As with all accommodation providers, sometimes maintenance issues occur and we do our very best to resolve them as soon as they come to our attention.

You have complained about us giving your room away. In fact, you were a No Show. So, when you turned up the next day without notification, we naturally did not have a room booked since you were due the day before. We were also fully booked. However, our Director of Operations then spent a long time juggling our room allocation to find a way to fit you in, which eventually she did. Your portrayal is not accurate or fair.

With regards your comments on Nana. She is not an idiot and is in fact an excellent Guest Relations Manager who has a fantastic relationship with our guests. Room 408 sounds like Room 418 especially when English is not your first language so it is not difficult to understand why she may have misunderstood. The last thing Nana would have wanted to do is offend you.

I hope our version of events sheds some more positive light on your experience and also to those people reading your review.