“What a beautiful hotel!”

Best Western Coral Beach Hotel
Ranked #7 of 96 Hotels in Dar es Salaam
Reviewed December 9, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised to see such a beautiful hotel under the Best Western chain. Unfortunately, I didn't get to do much more than sleep, as I needed to go through the Dar Es Salaam airport at the beginning and end of my trip, so it was only a place to sleep for me. However, I did get there early enough to walk around a little bit and saw that it was a beautiful hotel, with wonderful views of the bay. I also had time to eat breakfast at the buffet and it was wonderful. The rooms were very spacious and the beds comfortable. I almost wished that I would have built more time into my trip just to rest up and relax at the hotel.

1  Thank WeirdNJ
BWCoralBeach-Dar, General Manager at Best Western Coral Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2013

Dear Sir,

thank you for your feedback. It is always a pleasure having guest who travel regularly enjoying our Hotel. We are a proud member of the BEST WESTERN Hotel Family.

There are newer reviews for Best Western Coral Beach Hotel

Reviewed November 28, 2013

This was my first time staying at Coral Beach and I was pleasantly surprised. It is a nice quiet hotel and the rooms are big, spacious, clean and comfortable.

Sea is very calm and quiet as you are in the bay and it is also not nearly as windy as what it is on the open sea side.

One of the dinner restaurants is almost in the water you are so close to the sea and the bar area is perfectly positioned under Palm trees.

Only recommendation I'd make is for the hotel to look at improving their breakfast area - you are in such a wonderful location, its no point being in a stuffy small room that has no view - as well as the breakfast menu / food itself. Its such a great meal of the day and I felt a little disappointed that it wasn't quite living up to what I'd want and get elsewhere.

Room Tip: I was luckily upgraded so experienced a bigger room which was wonderful.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
BWCoralBeach-Dar, General Manager at Best Western Coral Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2013

Dear Sir,
thank you very much for your feedback.,
We enclosed our Palm Garden Cafe Restaurant in order to provide guest a choice between a Air-conditioned Breakfast area overlooking the garden, pool and sea and and a small outside seating - this is primarily because at times it is very hot and at Breakfast we would otherwise experience a onslaught of flying insects at the Breakfast Buffet if it would be displayed not in an enclosed area. This is especially also for food safety.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

We bring a group to Tanzania every year or so and always end our tour with a stay at Coral Beach. It's lovely - the staff are efficient, helpful and very professional, the rooms clean and spacious with aircon and fab wet-room style bathroom and the breakfast really good. We would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a sea view . . . . seeing the African sun go down over the sea is amazing.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Sir,
as one of our regular Guest we appreciate your feedback. It is always a pleasure having you and your group stay with us.
Looking forward welcoming you back.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

I have just stayed five nights at the hotel on business.

The hotel has an excellent location along the sea. It is a good place if you do not need to go to the city center and get stuck in traffic. I had dinner most nights at the outdoor restaurant. Staff was good. Food was ok - the grilled prawns were more than ok. Acceptable price level.

Breakfast buffet had a good selection of fruit.

My room was quite large, but no views. The air condition system can be noisy and I turned if off during nights to get enough sleep.

Cleaning of the room was good with new towels provided daily.

Pleasantly surprised with an excellent wifi connection in the room - and in the hotel.

1  Thank retired43Oslo_Norway

Dear valued Guest,

it was a pleasure having you as our Guest at the Hotel. We appreciate your feedback. I am glad you enjoyed our service and food.
We look forward welcoming you back at your next trip to Tanzania.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

We only stayed for two nightsbut it was a wonderfull place to relax after a busy, working holiday. The hotel was very clean and spacious, our room was huge with king size bed and sofa. when I said that my grandaughter did not really want to share my bed, they arrived with another king size that still fitted perfectly. We had a varanda with cumfy chairs and a lovely veiw. Our en-suite shower/ wash area was truely amazing, double shower/ double sink and a luxury bath in the corner. All very modern and efficient. Throughout our stay nothing was too much trouble for the staff. All members of staff were friendly and helpfull. Even the manager made a point of asking if we were comfortable. The food was absolutely delicious, especially the evening meal in the resturant overlooking the Indian Ocean. However as all the bars overlook the bay, other travellers might suggest that watching the sunset from the seahorse bar was the best experience, or just enjoying the sunshine throughout the day, sat under the palm trees. I would certainly go there again when I return to Tanzania

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank margaret p
BWCoralBeach-Dar, General Manager at Best Western Coral Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2013

Dear Mam,

thank you very much for your feedback. I am so pleased that you and your Granddaughter enjoyed your stay with us.

We are looking forward welcoming you back for another sunset for you to enjoy.

Best personal regards

Reviewed November 2, 2013

We stayed for 4 days and 3 nights in the Coral Beach and had a wonderful time! The room was large, clean, well laid out and had a lovely view. The air con worked extremely well and the wifi connection was instant. The bed was large and comfy and the hotel went to the extra trouble of putting up a mosquito net up for us. The shower was great- wet room style with plenty of hot water. The usual toiletries were available and there were plenty of towels The only thing that we suggest needs improving is the lighting in the bathroom, which was very dim.

The staff are one of the hotels best assets - friendly, attentive, professional in all aspects. They were great to chat to, giving us tips to improve our Swahili.

The little beach area was very nice however there were no sun beds on there. We did requested to have 2 sun beds moved to the beach but the request never happened as there was some confusion as to whose permission was required. Perhaps having 2/ 4 sun beds permanently on the beach area would improve this situation.

We enjoyed ALL the food that we ate there however we do agree with the previous reviewer that menu is not very extensive. With some creativity the menu could be extended - perhaps the staff could be consulted about this and they could come up with some new dishes of their own.

In summary we had a really comfortable, pleasant stay in a beautiful setting. We thoroughly recommend this hotel as a perfect place to stay when visiting Dar Es Salaam.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the new wing - better views and layout
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear Sir and Madam,

it was our pleasure in assisting you in putting up a special Mosquito net.

as far as the Sun Loungers are concerned, they are in fact already ordered and will hopefully arrive soon.

Our new Executive Chef will review our Menu and we will introduce a more comprehensive Dinner Menu soon.

Reviewed November 1, 2013

My first business visit to Tanzania and I stayed at the Hotel for two nights only. When judging the Hotel we need to remember that it is in Africa and not in a first world country, and by these standards they are GOOD, very GOOD. It is a bit expensive, and yes I paid less per night in Europe, but I was very satisfied with the service, location, room and bathroom.
The room was adequate, I even had a fully stocked mini bar. Air conditioner worked perfect - you need that!
Staf was very friendly and helpful. They were always at the background and reacted when ever called and did what you required quite quickly.
One area that they can maybe look at is their menu. It is not a very big selection and I found the choices limiting.
For tourists and business, if you do not have the funds to stay in the big name Hotels, this will be a good alternative.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear Sir or Madam,

thank you for your valuable feedback. We are always working hard to ensure that our Guest are satisfied.
Our prices are very reasonable in comparison to other hotels in the City of equal standing and location.
We are looking forward welcoming you back.