“Terrible exerience”

Ranked #10 of 95 Hotels in Dar es Salaam
Atlanta, Georgia
“Terrible exerience”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

The rooms stinks an old odor. Woke up in the middle of the night with mist and water everywhere in the room. Reported to the manager and got a crap service. I moved to DOuble Tree Hotel the next day. I would not recommend anybody to this hotel unless they change in a major way and improve their services. This hotel needs a major management overhaul

Room Tip: Don't have a recommendation
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
BWCoralBeach-Dar, General Manager at Best Western Coral Beach Hotel, responded to this review, July 20, 2013
After careful consideration I have decided to not honor your report with any detailed response as I am not prepared to lower myself to your level of behavior.
Hans J Heuer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
Istanbul
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Spacious rooms with nice view on the seaside. Nice swimming pool of length 20 m, however a bit narrow in width if several swimmers are there. Hotel is far away from the Dar city centre and there are no shopping facilities close to it. To change money, use an ATM maschine and buy a Tanzanian SIM card one has to use one of the hotel taxis (TSh 20,000) to go to the nearest shopping area which is not in a walking distance. A complaint about a non-functioning lamp on the working desk had to be repeated three times until the problem was sorted out. The was no fluid soap and shampoo in the containers beside the washing basin the first two days; only a reminder to the cleaning lady lead to the refill of the containers. This hints to deficiencies in room-related service. The shower seems to reflect the EU norm of sparse water supply making it a bit of a nuisance; the temperature of the water was difficult to regulate. In contrast to to the poor room-related service, the waiter service was good.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with seaside view on the upper floor of the new building.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
BWCoralBeach-Dar, General Manager at Best Western Coral Beach Hotel, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Thank you very much for your feedback. We experienced indeed for some time supply of the soap and shampoo for the wall mounted dispensers, for which we however substituted very high quality individual bottles for your use, which I am sure you just overlooked in mentioning.
The shower is a luxury appliance called a rain shower, hence it appears that is uses a lot of water but to the best of our knowledge falls within acceptable norms. Again, thank you very much for you feedback - we always strive to improve our service and comments like yours allow us to critically self evaluate our quality service and see where we can improve. I thank you for that.
Nairobi
Reviewed April 16, 2013

I have stayed at Best Western Coral Beach Hotel before when traveling for work. This time the experience was less than agreeable (luckily only one night). It seems as if I was booked for an additional night and on arrival the front desk manager insisted that this error was my problem- as I could not speak for the office booking the accommodation; I could only refer him to my flight booking, on which he actually had the audacity to roll his eyes at me...that should have been indicative of the standard for the rest of the stay: my electronic door key would not work and my neighbor complained of the same; the lights in my room were faulty and the front desk did not provide me with the requested wake-up call. When mentioning it to the front desk officer, he just blame-shifted. Additionally, when paying, they did not have the enough USD, and therefore just did not give me the correct change, with a shrug of the shoulder. The food as always was good.

Dear Madam,
thank you for your feedback, however your statements are not quite correct. Firstly the actual booking made was incorrect delivered to us hence it appeared it was incorrect but we only followed the instruction received. The keycard worked perfectly fine as we tried it with you, I am therefore surprised to are writing about it. It is correct that the receptionist overlooked to give you a wake-up call - for that we are terribly sorry and apologize.
Monmouthshire
Reviewed April 15, 2013

This is a lovely hotel, it is well maintained, and the staff are attentive and friendly. I enjoyed the food which was not expensive, and I had a comfortable bed. My room was large and well equipped for use as a travelling office.
Very nice terrace and sunsets.
Thank you!

Room Tip: Ask for an upper floor as some ground floor rooms are dark
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us - we look forward welcoming you back - and always, we appreciate your feedback.
Accra
Reviewed March 31, 2013

This hotel, overlooking the ocean is in a serene enviroment. The last time I was there I stayed in room 308. The room was clean and had all the services a traveller would need. Housekeeping was superb. The staff were very attentive and full of smiles. However, water was not flowing through the shower but in the tap below. I highly recommend staying in this hotel. It is really a home away from home.

Room Tip: All rooms are spacious enough.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Oliver B
Thank you for your feedback. We have checked the shower in the room and found that the lever was hard to handle - we have since changed it and all seems fine - I sincerely thank you for the feedback so we could ensure we are offering top quality service.
Moshi, Tanzania
Reviewed March 27, 2013

The hotel set up is very good. The location is very convenient and easily accessible from town even by public transport. It has a very good garden. My friends and I enjoyed dinner in the garden overlooking the ocean . I stayed in room 104 , the room was clean the AC was very good and internet was excellent. The staff were very helpful and friendly. The food was good and very healthy. I had to change my booking last minutes and was worried that they will charge me but this is not like other hotel ---a lady called Juliet was very helpful . It is a place I will call again next time I visit Dar.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the ocean are the best
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Palamasya
Thank you very much for your valuable feedback. We appreciate our guest comments and are looking forward welcoming you back to BEST WESTERN Coral Beach Hotel.
Best personal regards
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 27, 2013

This hotel has a lot going for it, but.....
My room had a 'wet room' type walk in shower, but the water runs all over the bathroom floor and the drain stinks until the shower has been used.
I went down for dinner and ordered a fish dish. It was still raw when served, so I gave it up as a bad job and, as I didn't have any TZS on me, I couldn't go anywhere else so I had to manage with the bag of crisps that was in my room. The crisps were very nice.
The staff are really pleasant and make you very welcome. Pity about the chef.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Sir,
thank you for your valuable feedback. Our bathrooms are designed with modern style showers which make the bathroom feel spacious. I am sorry you did not like the design but we have many guest who really appreciate the large spacious shower with a glass door and easy entrance. It is highly unusual that the water went everywhere - I would assume it is the way you showered?
As far as the food is concerned, the item send to you was perfectly in order and you only send it back after you had almost finished it; even then we offered you another item which you refused; we therefore feel that we have done what is appropriate.
Thank you for your feedback thou.