The service and breakfast were very good at the Southern Sun. The location was also excellent. The rooms and everything else in the Hotel were spotlessly clean.But I wish it had a pool where one could do some serious swimming.My other complaint is that it is totally lacking in character it seems just like any other hotel which is part of a major chain.The internet service is also expensive.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Southern Sun Dar-Es-Salaam offers the best of all worlds with excellent facilities and within walking distance of the city centre. It is situated in a quiet part of town, close to the sea, next door to the Botanical Gardens and numerous diplomatic missions. The Hotel was recently awarded Silver status by the Heritage Environmental rating program in recognition of our commitment to reducing the Hotels environmental impact. A free Wi-Fi service is offered throughout the building. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, HRS, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Southern Sun Dar es Salaam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Southern Sun Dar Es Salaam Hotel Dar Es Salaam
- Holiday Inn Dar Es Salaam