I stayed here when it was still a Holiday Inn property. It's way better than a typical US Holiday Inn. The rooms are very nice and comfortable with very good wireless internet connection. The shower was large with good water pressure. I found staff very efficient and accommodating. There is a decent breakfast buffet. Food in the bar was not at all good, but the bar is lively with young professionals and seems to be quite the place to be on weekend evenings. I used the hotel's drivers: $15 for airport pick-up; $40 for three hours out at meetings. The location is pretty good - I could walk no problem on my own to some of the international organizations I was working with during my stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Southern Sun Dar-Es-Salaam offers the best of all worlds with excellent facilities and within walking distance of the city centre. It is situated in a quiet part of town, close to the sea, next door to the Botanical Gardens and numerous diplomatic missions. The Hotel was recently awarded Silver status by the Heritage Environmental rating program in recognition of our commitment to reducing the Hotels environmental impact. A free Wi-Fi service is offered throughout the building. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Southern Sun Dar es Salaam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Southern Sun Dar Es Salaam Hotel Dar Es Salaam
- Holiday Inn Dar Es Salaam