“A HUGE meal!”

Ranked #1 of 324 Restaurants in Dar es Salaam
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Seafood, Cafe
Good for: Scenic view, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: For more than 15 years the Karambezi Cafe has been serving the East African coast with fine seafood and continental dishes. Travel to Dar es Salaam and one of our thousands of friends will say "You have to go to the Karambezi". Our restaurant evolves and changes daily and through time. Come for a luxurious buffet breakfast from 6 am daily to a cocktail served whilst you overlook the Indian Ocean and dine on an Admirals Platter. Karambezi Cafe....Come Home....
Reviewed November 12, 2012

I had dinner here with a group of eight friends for one friend's 50th birthday. The meal was pre-arranged and the food just kept comming! Platter and bowl after platter and bowl of food arrived; fish , beef,chicken, lobster vegetables, rice, etc. etc. It got to be a joke when we saw them coming with another round of food. All of it was well prepared and very fresh. We arrived well after dark so we could not take advantage of the great location but we did sit outdoors in lovely spot. The restaurtant looked very busy and I also noticed a case of beautiful pastry.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

one of the best spots in town to dine, lounge or have lovely sundowners on the bar.
great location, clean kitchen and fine dishes.

2  Thank Shay M
Reviewed October 25, 2012

nice views, good fod. Has breathtaking views, can be windy in the evgs. The glass wall provides some protection. I had time to spent as I was with my family, hence did not mind the slow service. Service could be faster. Otherwise a nice place to spend your evenings.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

This was the first restaurant I visited with colleagues and friends when I was in Dar. The service was good, no real issue with the speed of staff or anything of that nature. It was well into the evening when we got there so the view was of the distant ships waiting to dock but we could hear the waves. The breeze is not in-your-face, thanks to the restaurant barrier. There was a good crowd of people, a healthy mix of foreigners and locals.

I would say the prices not extreme, emphasis on value. The grilled tuna steak was great, multiple condiments - there was a particular sweet and sour mango sauce that I could not get enough of. The cocktails were great as well.

I was however surprised when the staff closed the bar at 10:30pm.. on a Saturday night?! Still, I would recommend Karambezi - it especially sets the mood for a night out.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

Went there last night for a dessert date, place was almost full. We placed order for 1 cappucino, 1 irish coffee & cheese cake, it took way to long for them to bring these on the table and by the time it came the cappucino was cold !, We asked the ground manager there to change it for us which he agreed to do but ofcourse again it took too long for it to come and by the time it did, the person who prepared our cappoccino had made using double shot of espresso, we found it too bitter and couldn't drink it. We didnt think it was worth complaining about again anyways we were too tired and the fun was spoilt. prices are steep , i guess we are paying for the ambience.

Otherwise its a great place, alot of breeze and gorgeous view.