“wonderful”

Best Western Plus Peninsula Hotel
Ranked #12 of 96 Hotels in Dar es Salaam
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Stayed here for 5 nights and found the whole experience to be wonderful, great value for money and the staff were so professional. I am a regular business traveler and this is one of the best hotels I have stayed in.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
GM A, Manager at Best Western Plus Peninsula Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

At our best as usual....be it 5 or 50 nights we ensure we deliver the right services all through...

Nice to hear you ,you had a wonderful stay with us, new to try out the multi cuisine coming soon from the chef's membrane...

Hoping to see you soon!!!!!!

There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Peninsula Hotel

Reviewed March 16, 2013

I stayed here for one night in February. I booked an executive room that turned out to be spotlessly clean, large and with excellent wifi service. The bed was comfortable and the AC worked perfectly. I did have trouble with the TV but for one night I was not bothered.

I ate in the restaurant for dinner. Very nicely decorated, friendly staff and the Indian food selection was tasty.

I highly recommend this property.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Thank you very much for your comments.....straight from the TOP Contributor .....it means a lot .

we are concentrating to make hotel a work place rather than just a sleep place ...spacoius room ...high speed internet ...comfortable beds....and many more ....

Makes your stay worth memorable.....

Hope to see you soon !!!!!!!

Reviewed January 31, 2013

Did not stay overnight but tried the restaurant and checked the facility. Food is definitely fine for dar es salaam. It could be a lot better of course but it is ok, no less expected. Pricy compared with other equivalent restaurants. The place is a bit artificial, you could find the very same hotel anywhere but i guess that when you come for business, some do not need special places. Not my cup of tea though, this place is clearly for businessmen just looking for a place to sleep, do not expect more... Will try to come and stay at the hotel one day but you might have better choices in dar...

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
GM A, Manager at Best Western Plus Peninsula Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

Dear Ian,

Thank your very much for your comments and would like to invite you to experience our services throughout your stay ,

"A smart choice for business & pleasure stay" speedy WIFI /conference facilities ,gymnasium , Raindrop Spa & Salon, parking facilities, spacious & largest size rooms in Dar .....stands us out from the crowd

New executive chef Charles Hickman lingering mouth watering special dishes delight to taste,when it comes to pricing do try our lunch & Dinner specials, unmatchable price in Dar....

Hoping to see you soon to serve you the best in business !!!!!!!

Lewis

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Excellent sized bedroom and reasonable wifi. Good breakfast, and a fine room service dinner. Helpful staff. But the noise from the nightclub next door, until 5 in the morning all three nights I was there, were hard to drown out even with air con on all night. Ask for a room as far as possible away from the hotel front entrance. It doesn't matter how good the services are: the main reason for staying in a hotel is to sleep; if you can't manage that, you may as well not go.

Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank africaguy
GM A, Manager at Best Western Plus Peninsula Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

Dear Africaguy,

Thanks for your comments , and your input is highly respected .due to festive season & NYE last week the party tends to extend until wee hours with loud music ,

my apology for the same ,as your stay was covered during the same period ,

i do agree along with all the various services, a comfortable & relaxing sleep is also important
we have already introduced the double galzing of all the windows to cover up with the noise pollution.

i am glad you enjoyed all the other services we had to offer ,Hoping to see you soon !!!!!!

Lewis

Reviewed December 7, 2012 via mobile

I must admit, this is one of the finest hotels with great food and friendly staff
I love dulce and the quality of food they provide
Atlantis has a great spa and salon, a new addition
Definitely coming back
Keep it up Mr Somji

• Stayed: October 2012
GM A, Manager at Best Western Plus Peninsula Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2012

Thank You very much for your lovely comments ..... and definetely Atlantis kept you guessing which service is the best,

Dulce has much more to offer specially the recently introduced Cake of the Day..

with rooms you must have experienced the supersonic internet speed ,

it seems like others you too had a wonderful & enjoyable stay,

hoping to see you soon !!!!!!!!

Reviewed November 8, 2012

First the good news this is a very new and comfortable hotel excellent large room good wifi and all the staff were friendly and helpful. Food in the restaurant was very good as was the service. The only downside is the reverberations from the adjoining night club. I had an early start for the airport 4am and the club was still going then although you cannot actually hear the music the vibrations will disturb any light sleeper.

Room Tip: Maybe you can get a room further away from the night club although I was on the top floor but maybe...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
GM A, Manager at Best Western Plus Peninsula Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

Its not we feel good when we hear good comments from the Guest , but at the same time all the feedbacks are challenging for us ,which leads us to perform more better,

good to hear your stay was comfortable and you enjoyed the food & services ,

My apology for the noise disturbance from the otherside but recently we have concluded many of the rooms windows double glazing which has drastically reduced the noise pollution,

Looking forward to welcome you again at The Atlantis Hotel.....to feel the difference ...

Reviewed November 6, 2012

I stayed at this hotel shortly after it opened, firstly we were offered about 3 different rates by 3 different people - a bit annoying. My partner enquired about a double room before I got to Dar and we got 1 price, when I went to check in the lady then said that was the single price and the double price was a different amount. When my partner arrived he went to enquire again and another lady said she would give a better rate, the following morning the other lady was there and said she could not do that rate but a slightly higher rate but less than the rate she offered us - wish we had just paid the night before! Frustrating but we got it sorted eventually.

I had also just received my new credit card which living in East Africa is a mission to get from the UK. I only used it at Atlantis to pay for my accommodation and 3 days later when I was in Zanzibar saw activity on my card in Dar es Salaam - not even a week old and I had to cancel and cut my card up!!! Beware and DO NOT let your card out of your site!

The service in general was not friendly or welcoming, when you go to your room you have an A4 paper that says "Rules of the Hotel". The hotel is also located behind a petrol station and next to a big nightclub, some real dodgey guys around in the middle of the night.

On the whole, there were other incidents which only came to light upon checkout which just made this experience even worse AND had I known this I would not have extended the last night which I did out of mere convenience than packing up and moving somewhere else for the last night. There is a slimey feeling about this place and as I run a top end lodge the place is definitely not well managed.

The food at Dolce was great but I would never return to this hotel or its restaurant ever again nor would I recommend it, infact quite the opposite.

Room Tip: Better value for money and service orientated hotels to stay at in Dar.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
GM A, Manager at Best Western Plus Peninsula Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2012

Firstly , i would like to thank you for coming back to us after a long period of time but at the same time would like to welcome you again to feel the difference and changes ,

Its true the rate differs according to the occupancy and season but doesn't exceed the rack rate of the hotel,
we never came across the incident of theft or fraud with our guest , nor any such incidents were reported to us.

the rules to let some of the guest aware of their responsibilities while enjoying their stay,

despite your bitter experience you rated us service orientated and better value for money

My apology for the overall experience at the same time assuring all time good service and money's worth.

Looking forward to welcome you again with the new management team !!!!!!