Tanzanite Executive Suites
$101
Sea Cliff Hotel(Dar es Salaam)
$293
$153
$104
$98
Agoda.com
New Africa Hotel(Dar es Salaam)
$148
$105
Hotel Sapphire(Dar es Salaam)
$91
$286
$263
$200
$182
Hotwire.com
Harbour View Suites(Dar es Salaam)
$136
$99
  • Breakfast included
$156
$119
Travelocity
Tiffany Diamond Hotel(Dar es Salaam)
$68
$64
Agoda.com
All reviewsno alcoholbedroom suiteferry terminalwalking distancedining tablecall to prayerzanzibar ferryshort staycity centrerooms are cleandowntown darhotel is locatedair conditioningexcellent breakfastbusiness hotelhot watermicrowave
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 22, 2011

My stay in this hotel was nice.. breakfast and gym are available and no need to pay extra. clean and hygienic. I stayed there around 3 months.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed December 14, 2011

From the time I arrived, to the moment that I checked out; what friendly, pleasant and professional service was given by all levels of staff! They went out of their way to make my stay as comfortable and as pleasant as possible.

Not being familiar with the city, they were extremely helpful in making recommendations and assisting with all my logistical arrangements.

The accommodation(executive suite) was very clean, comfortable and well maintained,with in-room facilities like WiFi, large flat TV screen, fridge, toaster, cutlery, crockery, complimentary water and tea & coffee. The WiFi in the room works well, so having access to e-mails and Skype (IM and Voice) calls was a pleasure. They also offer room service.

I enjoy a little daily exercise and their gym was a great place to de-stress and burn all those unwanted calories.

Their breakfasts were tasty and certainly satisfying, with a touch of local flavours blending in.

The hotel has easy access to all areas of the city and is approximately an eight minute walk to the ferry harbour (approximately 2 hour ferry ride to Zanzibar).

I'll definitely return to the Tanzanite Executive Suites Hotels.

Room Tip: They offer different room types. Choose the one that accommodates your needs.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Peter D
Reviewed December 13, 2011

I would have given this place a 5 but I had 2 issues with it. First I'll start with the positives: it's absolutely great value for money! The internet is incredibly fast and complimentary, the rooms are clean and aesthetically-pleasing, the staff are friendly and always happy to help, breakfast is free and good, they have a generator so if the power cuts you are not affected and there is air-conditioning which was a life-saver as it was so hot in Dar! Also, although they did not provide room service for lunch and dinner they provided take-out menus from some restaurants and once you ordered the porter would go and collect your meal for you.

So those are the positives. Now here are some of the issues I had:

1) When I arrived they tried to charge me $75 per night for a studio. I informed them that on their website it only stated $70 and without argument they gave me back my change. I know $10 is not a lot but it's the principle. And I know for a fact this was not an error as before being presented with the bill I heard them discussing in hushed tones including VAT on the price of my room. This would be fine if it was stated on the website and the fact that they gave me the correct change without argument after I mentioned that I knew the room real price of the room points to dishonesty. It left a bad taste in my mouth as this was otherwise a great stay.

2) The beds are very very HARD - seriously, I felt like I was sleeping on the floor.

3) They had a habit of sending someone from the reception to your room in the afternoon to "check that everything was alright". While I appreciate the sentiment I found this rather annoying. One time I was in the shower and the woman would not take the hint; she kept on banging on my door and until I was forced out of the shower to answer it!

Those are my only criticisms but as I said, this is incredible value for money and very central.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
AliJawad, Owner at Tanzanite Executive Suites, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2011

Dear Chileshe,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. We are delighted that you had a positive experience whilst at the Tanzanite. However i would like to address the issues you had:

1. I sincerely apologize for the miscommunication on the rate of your room, I will appreciate any details from your end to assist us to resolve a repeat of our shortcoming in the future. You can contact us on info@tanzaniteexecutivesuites.com we will be indebted by your response.

2. Thank you for bringing the "HARD" mattresses to our attention. I am pleased to say that we have resolved this by adding a foam padding on our mattresses on request, it takes our housekeeping team approximately 5 minuets to make the necessary arrangements.

3. We have notified our housekeeping staff of this incident and hope to rectify it in the future.

Thank you, Ali.

Reviewed December 9, 2011

Our stay at Tanzanite Executive Suites was wonderful, the staff was very friendly and helpful, the rooms were clean, and the room service was nice, especially after a day of traveling.

Room Tip: If you're traveling with more than 2 people ask for a suite, our group of 4 had a living room/dining room and kitchenette.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 4, 2011

Perfect for a business trip. The quality of the hotel is good, rooms are clean. Maybe the mattress would be better, but it's ok. The food from the Al-Basha is quite good. The breakfast should be improved, with more sweeties. The location is ok, and everybody knows it.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business