“Just like Home ( for SA'ners )”
Review of Coral Ridge Spur

Coral Ridge Spur
Ranked #42 of 319 Restaurants in Dar es Salaam
Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Spur serves its famous flame-grilling burgers and steaks, fresh salads and decadent desserts to families from all over the world. As a distinctly family-orientated brand, we offer an environment where the whole “tribe” can come relax and enjoy themselves. This is the way it has always been at Spur and the reason why we have found a special place in the hearts of our customers over several generations!
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Again a Spur is a Spur. Same set-up, same menu but now with Kilimanjaro beer. Well situated in Sea Cliff Village with ATM, Mini-Market and play center. I you are overwhelmed by Indian/Coastal menus this is a great break specifically for South Africans. Salad Valley is good value but a medium spread. Regular Combo Specials for Carnivores and Seafood Lovers. The service is typically "Karibu" excellent. Smoking area and Sport's Flat Screens.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

This is one of the few places I can take my family and not worry about flies as my youngest child is a slow eater. The service is prompt amd friendly, the food is of good quality and always tasty. It is annoying that sometimes when I do take aways I get what I did not order.

Reviewed November 23, 2012

Used to visit Spur a lot during a 1 year stint in Namibia, we literally lived in the place and had fond memories of great ambience and some good food
Decided to revisit while in Dar, and went to the Coral ridge.
Food was decidedly average, prawn starter,, chewy rubber perhaps the worst prawns i have ever had while next to the coast period, Steak and prawns main course, the steak seemed like a decent fillet, a little on the blue side for medium rare. overall, tasteless.
And as mentioned here, the onion rings left a lot to be desired. Very uninspiring.

Dessert was great, but HUGE, couldnt finish it, best part of the meal
Probably a good place for the kids or a large group, ambience is nice, and place is busy enough. Fast service, but at least 3 hints about leaving a tip, 2 of them before i even had the bill. All in all a little disappointed. Wont be going back.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

When I'm in need of a good feed and fun dining experience I go to Coral Ridge Spur. i'm from the UK so I love the western menu... It is consistently good food and you can bring your kids there as there's a staffed play area. We found that if you feed your young children beforehand, then release them into the play area, you can have an uninterrupted dining experience... Perfect! I've worked my way through the menu and my favorites are the hot-rock fillet and the ribs. A great birthday venue. The staff are great, they are kind and courteous (we always get a bag of bones for our dogs). I wasn't impressed with their prawns, but they are a steak-house after all. if you want sea-food go upstairs to Fishmonger. Great desserts, WiFi for a working lunch and separate smoking area. A safe bet for ex-pats and tourists, I love it!

Reviewed October 1, 2012

Went the a couple of days ago for my girlfriend's bday dinner..great atmosphere to have such a meal..but the food is uninspiring to say the least..with such high prices i expected to be blown away but alas..special mention to the onions ring by far the worst i ve tasted..that said the staff is helpful and attentive..management needs to take a look into their food quality and presentation