“Amazing!”

Ranked #5 of 316 Restaurants in Dar es Salaam
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Local BBQ & Chinese Fusion Locally Owned and Full Family Operated Business. Relatively New* Come Check it out and ask for our Fav. Specials.
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We love Mamboz. They now have a restaurant in Upanga too. The ambiance is good, prices are reasonable and we love the prawns pili pili and portuguese fish. They have an open salad bar where you can go for seconds. Sometimes the waiters forget they have to bring your glasses, forks, serviettes and you have to tell them a few times. However the food will generally come on time and the owners are friendly and ready to listen to feedback. Definitely would recommend it to others.

There are newer reviews for Mamboz Restaurant

Reviewed May 22, 2014

Lovely Food Great Experience...good quick service ...try the Grill spicy & Juicy....

one of the best place in Dar .....will definitely recommed to all my friends

2  Thank hashim a
Reviewed April 30, 2014

Street food at its very best.
Everything was grilled to perfection. service was great. The atmosphere and the buzz from the streets made this the best meal of my trip.
The chicken marinade was excellent and the flat bread to go with it lovely.
So much going on around you as you side by the edge of the road.
Prices so good
You just have to go

Reviewed April 23, 2014

An year ago I took away a chicken gravy (I am not sure about the dish name) home from this very restaurant. It disappointed me so much looking at the oil in it. Last Friday (On Good Friday) evening I took my family along to give a second try. Trust me, Mamboz proved me wrong on my opinion about them and was impressed with their food. Well we took only Tandoor dishes and also sizzlers. Very good on Tandoor dishes and slightly negative about the sizzlers. Honestly the taste was good. But that ain't the way sizzlers are done. I have not checked on other mughalai dishes. Need to re-visit again. Hope they might prove me wrong again!!! Staying optimistic!!!

1  Thank Samuel S
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Have been here a couple of times, and have always found the food to be consistent in quality, with new additions to the specials, that are high lighted on the blackboard.

The owner, Faisal is extremely hospitable and encourages us to try new dishes and our constructive criticism is always well received ..

I would say value for money. Don"t go expecting any frills....... just enjoy your meal