“I am surprised and was impressed!!”
Review of Mamboz Restaurant

Mamboz Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 325 Restaurants in Dar es Salaam
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Local BBQ & Chinese Fusion Locally Owned and Full Family Operated Business. Relatively New* Come Check it out and ask for our Fav. Specials.
Reviewed April 23, 2014

An year ago I took away a chicken gravy (I am not sure about the dish name) home from this very restaurant. It disappointed me so much looking at the oil in it. Last Friday (On Good Friday) evening I took my family along to give a second try. Trust me, Mamboz proved me wrong on my opinion about them and was impressed with their food. Well we took only Tandoor dishes and also sizzlers. Very good on Tandoor dishes and slightly negative about the sizzlers. Honestly the taste was good. But that ain't the way sizzlers are done. I have not checked on other mughalai dishes. Need to re-visit again. Hope they might prove me wrong again!!! Staying optimistic!!!

1  Thank Samuel S

Reviewed April 16, 2014

Have been here a couple of times, and have always found the food to be consistent in quality, with new additions to the specials, that are high lighted on the blackboard.

The owner, Faisal is extremely hospitable and encourages us to try new dishes and our constructive criticism is always well received ..

I would say value for money. Don"t go expecting any frills....... just enjoy your meal

Reviewed April 12, 2014

Road side night eatery in Dar es Salaam city. Service not that good. If you have patience, may enjoy some good fried oily stuff here. Only for Non Vegetarian

Reviewed April 8, 2014

Fresh food, cooked to your order, owner is around all the time to check customer satisfaction, they just overburn when a lot of customers wait to be served as BBQ's are very very hot. Try sizzling ones, Moroccon kabab is one of my favorites and the latest Shrimp pili pili's are great. I eat there 2-3 nights a week since the last 2 months. The price/quality ratio highly acceptable when compared with the other "luxury" restaurants.

Reviewed March 30, 2014

Food couldn't get any better ... The chicken sekela is just to die for !! The passion fruit juice just refreshed me instantly ... Beef chilly was awesome and the garlic Anna's just killed it !!!